Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL @ anyone who talks about Global Warming.

For the last 2 weeks, we have been WAY below the average temp, which is around -13 Celcius, for this time of year. The highs have been in the -20's down to as low as -25, FOR A HIGH. this is over 10 degrees below average.

Looking back:

October. There were very very few days that were average, about 90% of the month's high temperatures were below average. Usually Far below average.

November. The temps were hovering around average, with a few warm days, and a few cold days.

December. Slightly above average, with a few days around average. Nothing outrageous though. 2 to 3 degrees above.

January. Starts off not bad, then there are 2 or 3 days of extreme heat, from a chinook wind. Immediately, with complete disreguard to the fact that, October and November were either at or below average, and December was hovering around average the whole time, say "the world is coming to an end cuz of global warming" Then the temperature PLUMMETS. Within a week the highs are 5 to 6 degrees below average, this continues for 2 complete weeks, and judging by the forecast, it is going to continue for a third week.

This is my rant about idiots who say Global Warming to every friggin degree above average, but when it gets cold, everything is silent. It could be 30 degrees below normal, nobody yells "global cooling" It gets 5 degrees above and everyone is screaming "global warming" and it goes on and on.

I was thinking of this this week when I got home from the city, got in the house, looked @ the thermometer and saw it saying -33 C.

Global Warming is a farce. Just people's excuse for a warm day or two.

I heard some environmentalist raving on the radio about how stupid the general public is, for same reasons mentioned above. As soon as it gets warm, it's global warming, with complete disreguard to the few months of below average temperatures.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Yea, I agree. This isn't global warming, at least for our area P-Man, it is called a drought.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
All I have to say about this is that no one ever looks at the records. I believe one town set a new record for a high in early January. It was 14.2 degrees, and the old record in like 1899 it was 13.9 Just something to think about.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, I know it's a drought. I'm not an idiot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm not a scientist and I'm certainly no environmentalist, but I believe there is some truth to the global warming phenomena. Call me an idiot if you wish, but at least I've read some facts concerning it from both sides of the argument!

http://yosemite.epa.gov/oar/globalwarming.nsf/content/index.html

http://www.globalwarming.org/

http://www.giss.nasa.gov/edu/gwdebate/

http://energycommerce.house.gov/107/hearings/07252002Hearing676/Michaels1146.htm

Sorry this is my rant about idiots who spout off at the mouth without having any idea of the facts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey, sorry Polaris-Man. My last post was rather harsh and I must apologize. It's just that broad generalizations, like the one you posted at the top, kind of ticked me off. Sorry, I mean no disrespect. Please read the links though as they are very informative concerning this subject (Take it with a grain of salt though, as most are from environmentalist organizations. The last one is a good con-argument though). I'll shut up now and go to my room. [:D]

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol

I guess I could go find a bunch of sites that contradict the sites u posted, but that's too much effort. Everything I talked about was something I heard on the radio today. Plus I've been freezing my ass off hauling grain all week and I'm not too excited about it, that's why I posted that.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
P-Man you started this thread.
I will try to refrain from bashing environmentalist to much but I am going to have to bite my tongue.
Sizzlers points out that at some enviro sites they say they have facts to back up global warming. And most of them will point to the internal combustion engine as the reason. (What made the last ice age melt?) I am really tired of people thinking they are so important that they are the driving force behind what is happening to the world.
The same envirnmentalist groups will tell you drilling in ANWR will kill off the caribou.
I have one for them, caribou are a cyclical animal.
When Prudoe Bay came on line the caribou were at a low in there cycle and now the herd has more than doubled since in came on line.
Should it then stand to reason that if we drill in ANWR that the caribou herd will again double. If you use their cause and effect reasoning then it would stand to reason that drilling cause the population of caribou to dramitically increase.
Believe it or not things change in the world and they don't have anything to do with humans.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with everything 2000TCMC said.

Some people just want someone or something to blame for everything.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i agree w/ that too

·
Registered
328 Posts
While you guys are sitting there ranting about how much colder it is there, here in BC its been WAY above average. A couple weeks ago, fort st John was +13 where as average for them is -13 to -20, normally by this time of year we have a good 12-15' of snow on the tops of the mountains, but instead its been raining on the tops. I would say that this year so far has been WAY above normal temps for south western BC and most of BC in general.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Alaskangold, ANWR is one thing, the thing that really gets under my skin is when they start talking about banning drilling in the NPRA National Petroleum Reserve Alaska. If you can't drill in an area designated a petroleum resereve then where?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Sorry about that Alaskangold (I live in Anchorage moved here in 72 from Fairbanks) and they get me riled on a regular basis

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by summitteer
[br]While you guys are sitting there ranting about how much colder it is there, here in BC its been WAY above average. A couple weeks ago, fort st John was +13 where as average for them is -13 to -20, normally by this time of year we have a good 12-15' of snow on the tops of the mountains, but instead its been raining on the tops. I would say that this year so far has been WAY above normal temps for south western BC and most of BC in general.
So our super sub-normal temps, and your above-normal temps average out.

[:D]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts