Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Just Curious... My riding season usually ends in late April or early May (Last ride on April 25 last year). Anyone outside of Alaska ride later than that?

I used to live in Ontario and I don't remember riding much past the end of February!?!

Here's a photo from May 19, 2002. Lots of ice, not much snow!

That's Yamaha's test fleet on the lake near my place. The white trailer in the background is the Polaris group.

/polarisman/../images/users/north of 55/Digital Cam - _8.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well Im in Ottawa and were still riding here, starting to get warm though, still lots of snow :) I was riding after Easter last year in North Bay, don't remember the date exacly.

·
Registered
268 Posts
was out today at the radar runs its startign to get warm here in North Bay but still have 77cm of snow acortign to the weather chanal. supposted to be warm the rest of the week tho so the season will end in a few weeks i figure we will sled will the end of march if it dosn't get to warm

·
Registered
749 Posts
wish i could sled till may. My bday is may 6th and i have never seen snow on that day. It is about 90 degrees out by may where i live. We still ahve lots of snow as of right now but it will be gone in a couple of weeks because it has been so hot out.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Originally posted by indyman423
[br]wish i could sled till may. My bday is may 6th and i have never seen snow on that day. It is about 90 degrees out by may where i live. We still ahve lots of snow as of right now but it will be gone in a couple of weeks because it has been so hot out.
Last year on May 5th we got snow. I was working in the field on the 4th till about 8 then I called home to ask my dad if I could just finish the next day because it was getting hard to see(lights on the tractor i was driving aren't the greatest) and he said yeah sure. The next morning I woke up at 745 to get ready to go to the field looked up and I had a snowbank on my windowsill (window was open) so I went back to sleep.

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Last year I was cultivating in the snow, in spring, in may. Probably same day my bro was talkin about up there.

It's easy to see where you are going when it's snowing. It's all white, then where u drive it turns pitch black.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Last year we rode up in cadilac in may, i think the last day we rode was the 11th or th 14th or something like that, it was nice having the extended season.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts