Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well fella's I hate to even talk about not seeing my sleds and........wife(just kidding hunny) for a year but Im being deployed for operation enduring freedom and Im wondering what is the best way to get my 96 zrt 600, and 95 xcr 600 ready to not be moved[:(] for a year. they will both be in cold storage

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thats simple enough. should I leave the gas tanks full of fresh gas or drain them

·
Registered
181 Posts
Years ago, when I enlisted, this is what I did to my sled: Added stabilizer and ran to get it all throughout the engine. Then I drained the tank. I fogged the cylinders, plugged the exhaust and intake (with duct tape to keep critters out). I greased every fitting and put grease anywhere else I could think of. I pulled the secondary and greased the shaft, too. I put it up so the suspension (F+R) had no weight on it. I loosened the track all the way. I blew the clutches out, and then covered it.

When I came home in winter a couple years later, I did pull the carbs can cleaned them just to be sure. It ran fine for the week I was home, then I left it with a friend who rode it then put it away correctly in the spring.

Then, I sold it and bought a newer one when I was discharged.

Thanks for your service and keep your head down.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hey Trip Man, good luck and Gods speed. Just one ol solider saying thanks for keeping the tradition of serving for our freedoms. All everyone has said is right on time.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
thank you for what you do for me and this country, best of luck over the next year, stay safe

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
cooper30 has it right-drain the tank. The gas you put in now would be crap when you try and start it again. Plus, if you drain the tank, you can tell if you got water in the tank from condensation.

From a former service man, thank you for YOUR service. And keep your head down as much as your job allows.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Riley said:
Fog in the motor good and drain the carbs. Good luck for the next year.
Riley.
agreed,
Also, Take the pressure off of your springs too by simply unhooking the rears and putting blocks under the bellypan. Just tall enough to take the ski pressure is good.

If storing outside, put the cover on, and tarp it too. The sun dri rots everything.
Take your belt off too, so that it's not tight in the one position.

Triple_Man said:
ok thats simple enough. should I leave the gas tanks full of fresh gas or drain them
I put stabil in before fogging the motor, then aftar fogging, I siphon off for the summer to the lawn mower, 1, 5 gallon can at a time.
It lasts me all summer that way from all 3 sleds combined and the lawn mower doesn't seem to care that it's a little old.

picman said:
From a former service man, thank you for YOUR service. And keep your head down as much as your job allows.
Absolutely.
Same sediments here

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I like Cooper30's line, "keep your head down", and I would like to add this to your resume; if anyone comes near you that makes you fear for your life, end it immediately and don't look back, we want you back posting on the site and getting those sleds out of cold storage.

·
Registered
134 Posts
triple man did you steal that picture from me lol? its the same one i have as my fb picture :p and we all appricate what you are doing even up hear in canada. make us all proud

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kevin.leblanc said:
triple man did you steal that picture from me lol? its the same one i have as my fb picture :p and we all appricate what you are doing even up hear in canada. make us all proud
No man I got it off of google I think. Thanks alot everyone, it really sucks leaving my wife and daughter, but Im happy to go and kick some ass

·
Registered
232 Posts
^^^ best bumper sticker ever, good luck in the service and do our country proud.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts