Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone hows it going..its been awhile since i posted so ill tell whats been going on with me....first i ordered fly minibend bars with a 4 inch pivit adaptor along with pivit adaptor kit for my indy 500, it worked just fine with no mods to cables sincethe steering post is lower than normal and stock bars have a big rise..so for anyone who wants a bar setup for an evolved or aggressive chassise, you can put a 4 inch rise with bars and still have 2 inches of cable to fit or put a block riser with it also for more rise..which i did....i have to say it worked graet and i loved it,....for the 3 rides i had it[:p] there was one problem,...i had a sweet looking sled but with no power from that stock fugi 500,....so christmas comes along andi see my uncle who had a sled for sale last year when i saw him...so we talk about it and i ask him how much he wants for it and he told me he would give it to me for 500 bucks, but only to me,...its a 1997 polaris XLT 600...stock with 2400 original miles and it hasnt been ran since 01, right there i said ill buy it now, and next week he came up i gave him the money and now i got a new sled, i put it in the garage and swaped all the parts from my 500 to the xlt that would fit,....next day me and all my friends went to a shack and we seen a river to skip so i had to test the power of the xlt so i skipped alittle and she rips on water....well 4 feet of swampy mud, so i quit skipping because i didnt want to sink,but peer pressure got to me and well, i put my skis 3 feet from the water and caned it..she stood straight up and down and then 2 feet from the nd of the skip she went down in the mud,,[:(!][V] yea i was ppissed first day on new sled, put 21 miles on her and sunk her up to the head light in a mud river, after 2 hours of pulling we finally got her out with my friends 670 mxz...the engine looked like a mud pit and there was a tad pole in it.we towed her to the shack and all my friends went in the shack and warmed up while i worked on the sled. all i did was take out the plugs and pull her over a million time and watched black chuncks of mud fly out, then i put her on its side and pulled her more and same thing,...i took as much as the mud out as i could then i put a bunch of oil that i had in the cylanders and pulled alittle and put some more in..i put the plugs in and 2 pulls she fired right up for 5sec then died,took out the plugs and they were soaked with wet oil and it was all white,cleaned off the plugs pulled her over 6 times or so, put plugs back in then started her, she ripped wide open so i shut it off, the throttle cable was frozen wide open so we boiled a pot of water on the fire and poured it on the cabels, fixed,i started it up and i let it idle for a minute or so then tried to take off but the belt was wet so i took it off and put it on the fire in the shack, put it back on and took it for a rip around the lake..it ran ok but spitted from water and stuff in carb..only 30 minutes and she was running again. i drove it 10 miles home and put her in the garage,i had to change the chaincase 2 times and i greased all points and got all the mud i could out of the engine. the seat is as hard as a rock but its getting better. then i took the plugs out and poured a bunch of oil in the cylanders for the night, next i took the clips off my airbox and there was mud up to the bottom of the carb, so i cleaned it all up andsprayed carbs with cleaned, put everything back together and sprayed her down with the hose and she is as good as new,now all that happened dec 26-28, ive been ripping the sled everyday since and man she runs great and it starts 1st pull in the morning, the last few days ive been taking all of the decals off, now its all black with blue add ons, i went to the dealer today and oredred 2 big slednecks decals for the side and i sold my bar setup and handgaurds for 170 bucks so im going to buy some more stuff like blue skide plate,dimondplated windshield black light cover and what ever else...ill have pics of the sled tomoro for everyone to see i got a really good deal on the sled.i dont have pics of when i sunk, besids the ones on my phone....sorry

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Long time no see Wes. Thats alot of reading but I got through it. Sounds like you got a good deal and(even though you sank it) it runs great. Wait...Is this the one you had before ? it's the aggressive chassis right ?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no this is a new one, ive never even seen it till it was in my driveway, its in the wedge chassis it rips pretty nice, im going to order a clutch kit for it from hotseat and one of my friends is taking a 121x15x2 track with studs off his blade and selling it to me for 50 bucks, its got some lugs on the outer side missing but for 50 buck thats not bad,... do you think it will fit or will i have to modify my tunnel etc for a 2 inch track?

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Originally posted by ditchbang500
[br]no this is a new one, ive never even seen it till it was in my driveway, its in the wedge chassis it rips pretty nice, im going to order a clutch kit for it from hotseat and one of my friends is taking a 121x15x2 track with studs off his blade and selling it to me for 50 bucks, its got some lugs on the outer side missing but for 50 buck thats not bad,... do you think it will fit or will i have to modify my tunnel etc for a 2 inch track?
u are going to need to take off the tunnel protectors i had to for my 1 1/4 ripsaw.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
my mom has the same sled except she has the "sp" version bigger carbs and i think its got updated shocks or something. but sounds like you had a rough experience LOL. at first i thought you meant you were gonna do a chassis swap or something

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
A 2 inch track won't fit under a Wedge XLT without installing smaller drivers. Riley

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by Bobinwi
[br]you know that has to be THE LONGEST paragraph ive ever read. breathe man breathe.
Exactly what I was thinking lol, take a break man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts