Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can pick up a 151x2" track real cheap[:D] and want to install in my T-Cat.

I am thinking of adding 136-144 rail extension and then moving the skid back 3.5" to improve track angle.

I would like to put on a tunnel extension but don't want to drop $250 buck on a tunnel extension.

[?]Any suggestions on where I should go for parts?
[?]Anyone else done this to their sled?

Thanks[:)]
Eric

·
Registered
328 Posts
I actually saw a fairly funny thing a couple weeks ago, the guy took an older MXz and extended the track from a 121 to a 144 but he didn't both to extend the tunnel, it seemed to work for him. He did build his own bumper for it so that you had something to lift when it was stuck. Kinda looked a little dangerous if you fell off the back. It did work for him though.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I think your on the right path with going 144 and setting the suspension back to 151. I would suggest trying to find 144 rails instead of the extentions...I have heard plenty of bad things about most rail extentions, also if I remember correctly your a pretty big guy and they might not be enough for a guy of your size( no offense!!) Another thought too, if you set your suspension back now to 144 and get a big wheel kit you can also run a 151 (I think)... you might want to check into that, anyway good luck!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks AKgold no offense taken, My size is why I didn't want to go with a staight 151 rail extension. I checked into the big wheel kit and it only makes up for 1" so if I go with the big wheel kit I would only set the suspension back 2.5" instead of 3.5" I know the big wheel kit would be nice but I am trying to do this on the cheap. I think I can get it all put together for around $600 including the 151 tunnel extention. I am a little worried that the track is not notched. Push come to shove I may pick up the track now and wait to by a Fabcraft tunnel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts