Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this summer i am going to longtrack my 95 XLT SP. i will be running either a .25 or 1.5 lug and would to extend it to 136' or 144'. what one would be better and easier to instal. what needs to be done to the suspension and gearing. any advice would help both negative and positive

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I have a 96 XLT 136. Used xtra 10 Tracks USA extensions on the xtra 12. Changed gearing to 19/39. Not sure if clearance issues are different with the 95, but I had to remove my tunnel protectors for 1.5" lugs.

Here's mine
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=62209&whichpage=1

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
All positive so far!

Grab tracksusa X10 extensions to either 136 or 144, you need 19 tooth top gear to make a 19/39 gear ratio, install extensions, you need tunnel extensions and longer hyfax while your at it, and thats about it, really easy to do, hardest part is changing the track, but well worth it so far, rebuild your shocks while thier out, and go with a 1.5", thats the max the sled can handle with clearance.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another question do i have to drop the rear mounting brackets down? im 90% set on doing a 144 track and how much difference is there between 1.25 and 1.5 lugs as far as advantage/disadvatages?

·
Registered
23 Posts
i've got a gen 2 with a 136" 1.5 track. I love it. I had to notch my track to get clearance for the heat exchangers. Those xlts exchangers are on the side, right? Have fun its definately a fun little project to undertake.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
do yourself a favor, unless your running deep snow all the time, run the 1.25", and you shouldnt have to drop any rear brackets.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i have a 98 xc bought the kit from tracksusa,[attachment=62368] great deals. comes with extension, track, and tunnel extension. run 1.25 loved the performance. just updated to an edge suspension last week bought extensions from tracksusa again.i'm running 24-40 gears running 86.5mph in 660ft.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Originally posted by PolarisRocks0822
[br]why did u go with 1 1/2?^^^
I paid $60 for the track [:D] total cost was around 200, but its completely remolded to like-new condition

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im pretty much set on 1.5 lugs and a 144. im always riding powder or fairly soft snow and lots of people around here have 2" and larger lugs so i should be good.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey xcjunkie, have you did any checking out as to where and what it's going to cost you here in Sask? Also do you have the IFS or Xtra 10? Just curious b/c i plan to do the same on my 95' XCR this summer, but only 136". Thanx [:)]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts