Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been lookin for a new sled to replace my moms 94 Indy Sport Touring, and i found these two on CL, the price seems high and i e-mailed him for more pics, if they look decent wondering how much i should offer him for both,

my mom really likes the one she has now except it has no power its like a little 380 or so, i was wondering how easy the 600 or the 500 would swap into it, if any major realigning and bracket making is required i think i will pass for now on that anyway

i feel bad for her when me and my sister are riding xtra-10s and my dad riding an edge, but i guess you dont miss it if you dont know any better

let me know

thanks

Edit: what did the classic and xcr have for suspension were the xtra-10s out yet in 97?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
First, There was no touring model of the Sport in 1994. But it's not a 380 either, it's a 440.
Second, the 1994 Sport is fan cooled. The two sleds you have are looking at are liquid cooled. Not worth the effort to swap a liquid motor into a fan cooled chassis.

Next, the XCR 600 is the triple triple in the aggressive chassis. It has Xtra10 front and rear, with CRC steering up front. The '94 classic indy 500 is the sky blue color in the evolved chassis. IT has the same crappy suspension that your mom's sled currently has. THe nice thing about it is the electric start and reverse.

The 500 motor would be perfect. but the XCR 600 chassis would be much better. But the 600 motor is more than needed I feel.
Xtra10 rear first started in 1996. xtra10 front was introduced in 1997, except the 1996 XCR 440 has a "prototype" xtra10 front suspension.

the 500 has the standard 8-inch suspension, '97 XCR 600 has FOX xtra10 all around

·
Registered
207 Posts
The indy 500 would be grats for mom. Should have the extra ten in it and that little fuji 500 liquid should be quite an improvement power wise over the fan 380. They shoould both have the xtra 10 and the xcr should have fox shocks the indy will have your standard shocks.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
idk its a small little thing at 1400ft it uses a 195 mkuni jet, i just called it a touring i guess because of the 2 person setup, and that 500 sounds perfect the way it is bein a short track it would steer better and she NEEDS electric start and reverese so if its got it, it should be perfect

sorry i though i added the link http://sd.craigslist.org/cto/1887915807.html

he wants 1300 for the triple and 600 for the classic, the triple seems high but the classic doesnt although the starting and dieing would need to be look into

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
the sled in his picture i dont think is a 97 xcr. i dont think they had a wedge xcr in 97, anyone?????
the 94 sonds like it could be coil related. starts fine and then dies after it heats up, then once it cools off it starts again.
the xcr says it has aftermarket exhaust, dont really think your mom wants to be listening to them, theyre usually obnoxious on them.
personally id keep looking, unless you can get the 94 for like 450.
depends on your mechanical ability and possibly having to put $$$ into it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Doesn't seem like he takes good care of his stuff... all his stuff seems to have "issues"

And yes the white sled in the picture is a 1995 XCR 600- which also has the crappy 8-inch suspension. The 500 seems like it needs too much work for the price.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a lot of mechanical ability, but the $$$ is a different story its there but we dont really want to waste on a money pit, thats why we are selling our cats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts