Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these on ebay last night. Great deal. Especially with 440 parts getting rare.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190054498992

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I was watching those also, I have one spare so I though what am I gonna do with 3 extra jugs laying around, but I will have to say that was a good deal for $50 bucks shipped.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted the valves more than anything else. As I was told over on hcs that they were discontinued.

I went and looked on the polaris parts lists and they are still a current #. So I don't know.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I bought a brand new set of valves from Bristow's Kawasaki & Polaris last February, he just had to order them from the warehouse, but I see what you mean, those valve assemble's were worth the $50 spot that you paid for them.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
If any of you XCR 440 guys are interested but most likely will not be able to use just one, I have a LRM race ported 440 jug that I bought off ebay last season, at the time I didn't realize and the seller duped me by not saying exactly what it was, so this is basically a one-off unless someone wanted to have another done by LRM to match it, this cylinder has been fully race ported and re-nicked, I'd like to get $50 bucks for the jug and I will be taking loss at that price, here is a picture of it next to a stock jug.

[attachment=50316][attachment=50317]
[attachment=50318]

Attachments

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd say it's ported. How much did they remove on the prts. Looks like about 1/2" shorter.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
If those were 98 Jugs they would be mine! To bad

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Originally posted by X-Treme3x
[br]If those were 98 Jugs they would be mine! To bad
X-Treme3x, is this comment^^^^ in reference to the ported 440 jug that I have shown in my post????, the part number on the jug is listed on partsland as a 98 cylinder, the part number from partsland is 3022065, that is the same number cast in the ported cylinder as it is the same part number that is on the cylinders from my 97 XCR, with that being said and from my research the motor in my 97 did get the 98 motor update, I do not have as much knoledge about these sled as of yet as you and others on here, just going on what the part numbers are telling me, and just to clarify in case you misunderstood me I only have ONE race ported cylinder, I would have to say LRM would have to be contacted to find out if they can still do this MOD to a stock untouched cylinder, again if any of you guys are interested I'm willing to deal for it.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All of the 97's got the updated 98 engine. The only parts that did not get updated were the head cover and the recoil.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Also as 98xc700 has brought to my attention the cooling systems are different...The 97XCR440 is like the 1998 xc700 system.The 1998 XCR440 is way diff.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Biggest difference I found was the oil/water bottle. It is the same style that the ultras had.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
My 1996 ultra is completly different than both the 1997 xcr440 and the 1998 xcr440

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My 96 sp had the same bottle as the 98 xcr has.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Good deal when i had a bent rail on my prox i found one on ebay for 50 bucks brand new with a brand new slider to boot!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
check it out

http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N=1164898804-107564&P=SM-1996-ULTRA-SP-COOLING-SYSTEM

http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N=1164898804-107564&P=SM-1998-400-XCR-COOLING-SYSTEM

not even close

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I thought that 98/99 440s had slightly different bore/stroke numbers in comparision to the 97 engines. I know I read of the update for them and I thought it was a bearring ussue?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope not the one I had.
My ultra had the same one as the 98 xcr.
My dads had the one that partsland shows. Mine was also a early build.

I have had late build sleds that have had differnt water/oil bottles than microfish showed also. Seems like they try to run out the current stock of parts.

The cooling systems arn't that much differnt. Mainly bottle changes.

I'll see if I can find a pic of it.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Originally posted by 98700xc
X-Treme3x, is this comment^^^^ in reference to the ported 440 jug that I have shown in my post????, the part number on the jug is listed on partsland as a 98 cylinder, the part number from partsland is 3022065, that is the same number cast in the ported cylinder as it is the same part number that is on the cylinders from my 97 XCR, with that being said and from my research the motor in my 97 did get the 98 motor update, I do not have as much knoledge about these sled as of yet as you and others on here, just going on what the part numbers are telling me, and just to clarify in case you misunderstood me I only have ONE race ported cylinder, I would have to say LRM would have to be contacted to find out if they can still do this MOD to a stock untouched cylinder, again if any of you guys are interested I'm willing to deal for it.
Well if your 97 has the same number stamped as a 98 cylinder then wouldn't take mean have the 98 update as xcr440 referes to. Or, that ported cylinder is for a 97. Just that I was sure the 97s have slightly different bore and or stroke numbers than the 98. I'm going for a coffee boys, to tired lol. Yes, I wonder how much LRM would pay to do the same job.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Originally posted by X-Treme3x
[br]
Originally posted by 98700xc
Well if your 97 has the same number stamped as a 98 cylinder then wouldn't take mean have the 98 update as xcr440 referes to. Or, that ported cylinder is for a 97. Just that I was sure the 97s have slightly different bore and or stroke numbers than the 98. I'm going for a coffee boys, to tired lol. Yes, I wonder how much LRM would pay to do the same job.
Yes my 97 XCR 440 has the same cylinder part number as listed on partsland for 98 XCR 440's, the ported cylinder that is shown has the same part number also>>>3022065, here is info from my Polaris High Performace manual that shows in fact that both the 97 & 98 XCR 440's have the same bore and stroke, from what I understand the bearing crush issue associated with the 97's was the crankshaft bearings themselves, but unless someone has one of the ORIGINAL 97 motors that was never replaced by polaris to compare its too hard to tell, like I said before I have not learned all about these motors yet but exchanging info like we all do does help us all in understanding what is what.

These two documents show that the 440 bore and stroke specs are the same for 97 and 98 440 XCR's
[attachment=50382][attachment=50383]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts