Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on putting a turbo on my 09 Dragon 600. I am somewhat new to the turbo game. Trying to figure out what turbo is best for the value, planning on running a pump gas setup. Is anyone willing to trade a 09 Kx 250f dirtbike for a turbo setup? Anyways any input is helpful

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
www.silberturbos.com is about the best bang for the buck.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
trades don't work on just a turbo system! $4000-$6000 cash works!
This is true,and if you are having a hard time affording just the turbo kit itself a turbo is probably not for you. They can be expensive to upkeep, burning up a $170 belt every week of hard MTN riding is not that uncommon. If running lower elevations be ready to run $7 a gallon gas in it,and they use alot of it.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
RMK-KING said:
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
trades don't work on just a turbo system! $4000-$6000 cash works!
This is true,and if you are having a hard time affording just the turbo kit itself a turbo is probably not for you. They can be expensive to upkeep, burning up a $170 belt every week of hard MTN riding is not that uncommon. If running lower elevations be ready to run $7 a gallon gas in it,and they use alot of it.
^^^What he's saying is that he has a lot of money [:D]

I was once told that if you want a snowmobile you should be able to throw $100 out the window driving down the road and not look back. Times have changed, and now I think it's $2-300 instead of $100.

For all you younger guys out there. If you don't have the money for something 99.9% of the time when someone is selling something they don't want your old junk as a trade. This is especially true for someone who is in the business of building and selling turbo systems. Sell your junk and pony up the cash first.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys. i do have the cash flow, i was jus gunna see if that would work :) so i will probably end up goin with silber. I also have to look at a different suspension set up cuz we will be doin alot of jumping and cliff dropping and i dont think my stock suspension is gunna carry me through.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
4-6k?....I can throw a hairdryer on the 5-liter for $3500. Sleds are expensive enough for how much we get out of them, not sure I could pony up for that but good luck. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I agree, like guys here and sw are saying, go silber. I am planning to as well next winter for my D8. His kits and service are hard to beat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts