Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a '97 zrt 600. Does anyone know of any problems that are common on these sleds that should be looked for?
I have been told to stay away from the triples- (I am not trying to start a big debate here) I just want to know if this engine will be dependable.
If anyone has one who can give me details on these things and (of course) performance that would be great! Thanks for any help or advice!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
take compression in all 3 cylinders b4 u buy, all 3 should be similar, i nkow there are a few guys on here with late 90's ZRTs and seem to like em

·
Registered
815 Posts
I've got a friend with a '96 ZRT600...He loves it...he added a 1.5inch track, SLP Highflow Airbox, I also believe he geared it down 1 or 2 teeth....but it hauls ass!....Nothing Goes like 3 Holes!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Let me guess.....you were told to stay away From triples by some friends that have twins?? They just don't want to get beat up on! LOL

Anyhow the '97 ZRT 600 is a good sled and really rips with the right clutching done to it. The graphics are the best out of all years too. In '97 the ETT tunnel was put in with the long travel suspension which is good. The only thing to worry about is the miles. When you are looking at around 5000 miles on a triple piped 120hp machine a ring job should be considered.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
They're real nice sleds, fast and dependable. They are pretty light for a triple too. Like 517 dry so weight isn't an issue like with the big triples.
You won't be dissappointed, if you decide to buy

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I've got a 1996, and I love it, no problems other than clutching, (the guy I got it from didn't know what he was doing) they really go for a 600.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the responses. It looks like it'll be my next sled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts