Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for when we go out in big groups were looking for communicators for the leader and the last guy.. any suggestions? what do you all use?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Collett 900's very nice. Excellant service. I bought a used pair, set them off to get calibrated , they swapped the mic to the new stlye, was all free I picked up the shipping .

When in Doubt, gas it

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Yeah,All the reviews I have read have said the collett 900's work the best.

http://www.collett.mb.ca/

NO FOREST FAIRIES(SKIERs)
BURN GAS SLEDS KICK AZZ!

TRIPLE-THE ONLY CHOICE!!!!!
'00 Indy Triumph
'93 XLT 580
'78 Arctic Cat Jag 3000

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just use FRS radios with some headsets and a PTT switch. VOX does not work too well as the noise usually sets it off anyway. PTT is always reliable. You can set yourself up for around $100 with two radios and headsets. Beats the high cost of the "special" comms devices, not worth it.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Chatterboxes are too expensive and they use FRS. Too many people have FRS radios nowdays and you get alot of interference. Colletts have 2 channels and can be programed to over 4000 different frequencies. Also they have a groomer warning beacon to let you know when a groomer is close by.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hey ACE, do you have a site for colletts?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Of course, the other good points for the FRS setups is that you can use those at times other than snowmobiling. They aren't attached to your helmet and can be used like the "walkie-talkies" they are. I believe the Collets and Chatterboxes can only be used WITH headsets or AS headsets, but I could be wrong about that (having never owned one and all).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts