Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, lookin for a sled for this winter and narrowed it down between two sleds, 99-01 polaris xc 600-700's or a 98-99 ski doo form/mxz 670. I've always been a polaris guy and was thinking about switching it up a bit. they both have about the same horespower numbers. Im just a trail rider but like to go off trails once in a while, i also like speed. mostly looking for a reliable sled, ive heard good and bad about the 670's. Ive done some research, just need some help with my finial decision. let me know what you guys think..

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
XC 700 all the way, you wont find anything more reliable then a polaris, and i would get the 01 the edge is an excellent chassis

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't exclude the EDGE chassis in your search.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got a 1,250 give or take limit and ive been seeing both sleds go for around that up here. sucks being 17 with no job.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
lol i know what you mean and i have a job, i work for my dad and i dont get paid to bad, but i have to shove every cent and then some down my truck's gas tank everymonth so its kinda like haveing no job lol, but i convinced him to loan me the money for mine and been workin it off little by little

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just scrap metal, but in the winter its a little hard haha. I think im just going to get what i see come up first, after reading and reading they seem to be both great reliable sleds. thanks guys :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Vamped400 said:
alright, lookin for a sled for this winter and narrowed it down between two sleds, 99-01 polaris xc 600-700's or a 98-99 ski doo form/mxz 670. I've always been a polaris guy and was thinking about switching it up a bit. they both have about the same horespower numbers. Im just a trail rider but like to go off trails once in a while, i also like speed. mostly looking for a reliable sled, ive heard good and bad about the 670's. Ive done some research, just need some help with my finial decision. let me know what you guys think..
You really can't go wrong with any of those. The 99 and 2000 XC's are Gen II sleds and a 2001 would be an Edge. The 2001 Edge would give you the best ride out of all the other sleds. The MXZ 670's were pretty reliable machines and they made a 99 MXZ 670 HO with anther 10hp and that sled was very quick.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i'd try to look for an edge with ves, otherwise the non ves 700's were fantastic, fast reliable and pretty light.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Any of the edge chassis 700's were amazing machines. Reliable with rarely any problems when properly maintained and were absolute rockets on the trails.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so whats the difference between an xc 700 and a edge 700? just the suspension? comming off a bunch of 70's-early 90's sleds, i think any sled will be a step up in suspension haha

·
Registered
848 Posts
The engine is more powerful and one of the most praised engines there are; the 700 Liberty VES. Ergos and wind protection is better too, along with most every other aspect haha.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks. so many choices out there haha. is there any difference between the 98 xc 700's compared to the 99's? other then the cowling? ill hopefully be posting some pictures within the next few weeks :)

·
Registered
784 Posts
That sled will be a big upgrade from your Indy 500. Better suspension, handling, WAY more powerful and because its the liberty engine there are ATON of upgrades for it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well here it is. 98 xc 600 with a 99 xc 700 cowling. its not mint but nice for a grand :). now i got 2 months to get it 100% ready to go

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah haha, from what they tell me. everything seems to line up fine. I like the looks of the gen. 2 chassis's better...now to start moding...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts