Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,i might be trading my 500 for a decked out 2000 XCR 800.I was wondering if anyone has a video of one that i could check out. Trav

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
in a couple weeks when I get mine out you can come and take it for a rip.

going from an edge 500 to a gen 2 xcr 800. you will notice a little more wieght on the nose when in the 30-50 mph range. on smooth trails with small rolling hills. the xcr will stay stuck to the ground. it takes a good amount of speed to get the xcr to jump flat. it takes not much at all to pull a wheelie across a driveway.
the gas milage on a stock xcr should be better.
the rear on the xcr is valved way different than the edge. upgradeing the rear shock to an adjustable fx or fox will make it a lot better than it is. the stock track left something to be desired. it is a .9 track needless to say that the motor wins in the hp vs traction battle.
a ripsaw 121 makes a very nice upgrade as well. it is not uncomen to have 5 more miles than most other people in your group when riding. that is how much you will spin.
the noise of the xcr might actually be quieter than the 500. the handle bars will be a lot smoother on the hands. the hole shot is nothing since the first couple seconds of a race are lost to spin. but the rate of building speed and the top end is more than enough to get your pulse pumping hard and a permanent grin on your face. at night on the local lakes that I am comfortable with. I let my buddies with there 440's and 600's get ahead till you cant see there tail lights. then punch it. tuck down and hold on. in a matter of moments you pass them like they are standing still. I would leave the sled stock for the first season. the only mods would be track,shock, gearing, clutching, I wouldnt play with the motor at all. stock gearing is 24-39. the sled is more than capible of pulling 25-38. the higher gearing gives better milage on hard pack trail, lower rpms for running lakes at your buddies speed. and moves your top end up a few mph.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,heres some more info on the sled i might get. Trav

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=220051426309

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
ok. basically take your 500 put about 15 lbs under the pipe up front. then prettend you have 90 more hp. basically double the speed at wich the speedo climbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts