Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good helmet. I want something for the mountains as well as general riding at home. I was thinking either a dual sport helmet like the KBC or maybe a modular helmet like Ski-doos. Any ideas ? Also would you spend the money and get the heated shield ? Are they worth the cash ? Do they last ? Cord a pain ?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have a HJC modular, with an electric visor. It works great when it is really cold, my glasses don't fog up. The cord is only a pain if you forget about it when you get off the sled, You'll learn quick. I also have a HJC clx 4 moto cross, has a removable wind guard, used it on saturday at -5 cel on my quad.
I have scott goggles that go over my glasses, worked great. If I had to choose, I would pick the moto type, a little lighter, little better vision, but it would be a hard choice, thats why I have both.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm riding in the mountains and working hard (sweating bad) any full face starts fogging. The only thing that works for me in this scenario is an open face and goggles. I've tried several styles, but that's what I've found.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I like my modular ski-doo helmet that i found on eBay for $100 off what they retail for. I do Alot of powder riding and sweat alot. I like the it works bacauce it has never fogged on me once. Unlike my other helmets.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I tried a modular and that fogged to unless I was going above 30 mph all the time. Often I go slower in the fluff.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Tim- I use to wear 1 all the time when riding my motocross bike on the lake, and had no problems. My new one has a face wind guard [removable], and it may be the only thing I use this year. I'll keep you posted on how it works, but so far so good.
p.s. Maybe I'll see you at the drags this year in the 'BAY'.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got a helmet for sale if your interested, just trying to help. its last years model HJC, snowmobile helmet (fll face), size medium, yellow/black, ill post a pic if u want.

Ben

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have a ski-doo modular and it does fog up. Especially riding behind others. I am purchasing the heated sheild this season. I hear its the cat's A$$.
One of the nicest parts is that Ski-doo modular has integrated sun visor built in. I find the breathe mask to be a bit of a nuisance but works extremely well if you use it.

Oh and Polaris now makes the modular with built in sun visor too, also with heated option but the breath deflector is a little cheap compared to the ski-doo version.

B.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
671 Posts
I just use my motocross helmet with dual lense goat goggles, and i ahve no pobs

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've got an HJC modular. I like it because the entire front lifts up out of the way. It also has an internal "mask" to direct your breath out of the helmet. It's got functional vents and as far as fogging goes. . . all I do is open the face shield 1 click and the problem is solved.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by sleddaver:
...when riding my motocross bike on the lake,
[/quote]

A frozen lake i presume.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts