Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on installing the F/X Garage flex pipe kit on my 09 rs venture gt and just noticed something tonight while doing some work.

It seems like the old owner chipped the exhaust flange on the head. It looks like there's a helicoil in there so I imagine he did this damage when he drilled the hole out.

I'm not certain on how I should go about fixing it, looking for ideas.

Thanks again in advance for any guidance and help
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Rim Bumper

Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Bicycle part Rim

This guy also liked using high temp silicone, he had some on the intake boots on the airbox and had some on the exhaust gasket where the Y-pipe flanges meet the motor..🤦‍♂️ I'm not a huge fan of high temp silicone, I find it's only temporary.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the exhaust sealing surface is around the port opening should be fine the only way I know of to fix that , would be to have it welded back up and retaped, ,if its old ,chances are the weld will cause more damage
Thank you for the reply

It didn't seem to leak so that's a good sign. I thought maybe I could just fill it with high temp jb weld.

The motor would most likely need to be pulled if I wanted to go the welding route.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have seen positive write ups on JB Weld metal products. Personally, I find they don't work and threads with JB Weld are useless.
Hello Poncho,

This wasn't for the threads but solely to fill the void in that area. But I think i'll leave it be since the sealing area of the exhaust port will be covered with the new gasket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts