Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am going to be picking up this sled in October and am trying to get ready for it. So I'm looking for some of the info ahead of time. Does someone have this info, or can someone point me in the direction of the info? :)

Heres what I am looking for...
1993 Polaris Indy XLT 580
Dimensions - Ski Width and overal Length Specifically
Weight
Stock HP
Carb tuning info - how many turns on the needle valve, etc.
Carb specifics - 38mm or what?
How fast I can expect it to be - I'm a pretty big guy....280 lbs...
Experience with this model or similar models

So pretty much any info you have, i would really appreciate it! And if you are around NE WI/Keweenaw this winter, I might even buy you a beer or two. [:D]

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
A couple of links for to get ya started:

http://www.geocities.com/schmidt92/polaris_faq.html

http://www.polarisman.com/site/DisplayModel.cfm?ModelID=93SNOINDYXLTSP&Year=1993

·
Registered
76 Posts
well, i'm reading from a clymer manual:
1993 XLT (classic sled, not sks or sp)

weight: 469 lb
height: 44 in.
width: 43.9 in.
lenght: 106.25 in.
ski stance: 38 in.

track may be 15x121

carbs are mikuni VM34SS
factory Main jet is : 200 (if you want i've the chart)
pilot jet: 35
jet needle: 6dp17 at clip 3
needle jet: q-2
pilot air screw 1.0 turn out

sorry but i'm italian, i can't come to u.s. with the sled to drink a beers :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I am going to be picking up this sled in October and am trying to get ready for it. So I'm looking for some of the info ahead of time. Does someone have this info, or can someone point me in the direction of the info? :) Heres what I am looking for... 1993 Polaris Indy XLT 580 Dimensions - Ski Width and overal Length Specifically Weight Stock HP Carb tuning info - how many turns on the needle valve, etc. Carb specifics - 38mm or what? How fast I can expect it to be - I'm a pretty big guy....280 lbs... Experience with this model or similar models So pretty much any info you have, i would really appreciate it! And if you are around NE WI/Keweenaw this winter, I might even buy you a beer or two. [:D]
Are you selling the sled now by chance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts