Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, been a long time since I've posted here. I'm currently working on a deal to get myself a 2012 Cat, XF 800 high country edition through a trade. (My polaris detonated for a 2nd time this year) I know next to nothing on Cats latest so any information on these sleds anyone could give me would be great. I'm posting from my phone figuring out this new format is a little difficult. What can I expect to see out of these, any common problems, how do they rate compared to polaris/skidoos finest?

Thanks, - Nate

·
Registered
449 Posts
Most of the new Cats I've been around are in the shop more than they are on the trail. Last year their was an xf 800 in our group. After the suspension destroyed itself twice (under 1K miles), he traded in this year for the turbo 900. We've had awesome snow, and after he melted the turbo and two weeks later blew the chain case, I'd say he's had enough. He is one of the more "doggy riders", so its not an abuse issue. Maybe other people are having good experiences, not sure... But after seeing what I've seen and having to tow those turds time and time again, you'll never catch me dead buying one. I wonder if Cat is cleaning house yet.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
2012 cats the figure is 1 in 5 where duds. More so of those where 1100 turbos. They are fantastic sleds, get the updated gearing, clutching, and make sure to get the parallelism and center to center checked on the clutch. Hcs is a good place to be for the cat forum. Lots of knowledgeable guys in there.

Needmoresnow: out of curiosity how did the suspension destroy itself? Ive never heard of that. Also id assume your talking about the 1100 turbo, as there is no 900 turbo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts