Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys not to many of my friends are into sledding anymore (ie.no snow), and my girlfriend works most weekends so its getting harder to find people to ride with anymore! If Anyone is having the same problem or are from the chicago area and wouldnt mind hooking up with a fellow sledder give me a shot!!! I love the sport, and it would really suck not to ride just because everyone around here is so lame!!! Dont get me wrong im never quiting!!!! Just would like to meet some new sledders and to get out on the trails some more rather than just the few races and radar runs around here!!!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
If I lived in your area, I would let you ride with us I guess.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I'm in Darien, let's ride today.

Oh wait there's no snow.

Hmm... and all the grass drags/radar runs have been cancelled so far.

I'm heading to Hayward next weekend - check out my posts under Snow conditions then Eagle River/UP.

The following weekend (if there's snow and according to JohnDee there will be) I'll be going to the LES area of SW MI (sisters lakes in fact). The next weekend after that I have an HCS ride in Houghton Lake, Mi.

You're more than welcome on any of them.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I'm near kalamazoo michigan (SW) and I normally ride alone too. Chicago is about a 2.5 hr drive. If you have a trailer and are willing to travel you can come up here. I plan to head to either gaylord or cadillac next weekend if your game.

Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]The following weekend (if there's snow and according to JohnDee there will be) I'll be going to the LES area of SW MI (sisters lakes in fact). The next weekend after that I have an HCS ride in Houghton Lake, Mi.
Hey Bryan if you come up next weekend shoot me a pm. I don't expect to have any ridable snow though so I'm planning on heading north. Let me know.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
[br]My plan was to come up there for the 26-27-28. Like I said JohnDee shows some LES hitting you guys real soon....

Thankfully!

Bryan
Yeah I saw what john dee shows, just being skeptical lol. Besides my wife already thinks I'm going to be away next weekend, why ruin a good thing lol.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Keep it that way!

So long as JD is halfway right, and it doesn't go to 50 degrees over the next 3 weeks, I'll be riding every weekend for almost a month! That'll be a great time.

Whenever I'm up there I'll definately shoot you a PM. How far from Sisters lake do you ride?

Bryan

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I normally ride east/west and north, never went south. I've been planning on heading south this year though, just need more snow lol. Decatur is close to sister lakes I believe. I've been wanting to head to the boober bar in decatur and back up.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
My grandfather's girlfriend was telling me about that. She wanted me to go there one night when I was up there. She's weird.

Decauter is just a little north and east of where we are:

[attachment=55680]

Just on the south side of Magician lake is where I'll be starting. What the map doesn't show you is the trail that runs along 152 on the south side of Magician lake. It splits and goes south and meets with the trail to Indian Lake, East to 51, and goes North along the east side of the lake to Keeler. From there, I have no idea. But I know for sure there is a trail to Decauter. And if I know snowmobile trails at all, they all end at a bar or booby club.
That'd be a great time for sure!

Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
879 Posts
[br]My plan was to come up there for the 26-27-28. Like I said JohnDee shows some LES hitting you guys real soon....

Thankfully!

Bryan
I along with my ol man, brother and brother in law will be up in the U.P. (bergland) the 27-30. Where do you plan on staying up there?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Im up north of the Dells.... we dont quite have enough snow, but your welcome to come on up. I live just right off the trail and have plenty of area to park.

Im twenty minutes north of the dells.... exit 69 Mauston.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts