Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question for you guys.

My buddy Cody has a 2008 Dragon 700 and he has terrible luck. He sent it tumbling across a deep tilled field a couple of weeks ago and it got smashed up pretty good.

Long story short, he has collision insurance so it's in at the dealer. Nothing important is bent up so they are fixing it.

You guys may know that we love the 2007 "Nuclear Sunset" color. The orange color that my 2007 Switchback is.

201031121535435_49.jpg

Because he's getting a new hood and all hoods cost the same, he wants to put an orange one on. Now the plan was to use the orange hood with the 2007 Dragon decals but apparently we cannot get those.

The 2008 Dragon decals have red in them so we don't think they'd look good with the orange hood. Same goes for 2010 Dragon decals. The '09 Dragon SP decals are CLOSE but even on them the dragon itself is red.

Any ideas for what might look good. The side panels are black right now and he is dead-set on having a Nuclear Sunset Dragon. Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Polaris-Man said:
Because he's getting a new hood and all hoods cost the same, he wants to put an orange one on. Now the plan was to use the orange hood with the 2007 Dragon decals but apparently we cannot get those.
www.polarispartshouse.com has the 2007 dragon decals in stock,I just checked.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^
Sweet. Thanks dude, I'll see if he wants to get them from there.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Vinyl will be much less expensive and more practical for the job you are after here.
As far as my opinion goes though, I think a pewter, black and white decal would make for slick contrasting neutral color on that field of orange.

If you really wanted to do a theme sled where you wanted people to know it was painted on not just a vinyl graphic, that's when I can be more of a help. Nothing wrong with vinyl though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts