Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to snowmobiling , picking up a sled soon, and i want to ride with some people, anyone want help out a newbie? i have experiance riding everything else and i have been on a sled a couple of times. im looking to get a mountain sled so thats what i want to ride, minimal trail. need some friends to ride with !!!!!
thanks !

·
Registered
344 Posts
start off with someone smaller, you don't want to go out and wreck a brand new sled with not much experience. work your way up in power. get used to how they handle in the mountains and powder before you buy something that is too much power for you.

i say a little 440 would be perfect.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
im about 1 hour from denver.........I would be happy to ride with you.........up here or somewhere else. doesnt matter

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bullit - I live in denver and I just started really getting into it last season. This is my thrid season of riding and dont worry youll never look back. It was the best decision I have ever made. What are you looking to do with the sleds? You looking to ski or just ride or become sled junkie? I ride once a week, but I also like to ski when I take my sled out. We are always looking for a extra person when skiing. Let me know.

·
Registered
143 Posts
BskidooC - Hey do you ride up near leadville alot? I have been wanting to get up there, but I have not met anyone who has ridden up there for tips on where to go. I have heard good things, but have not got the oppertunity. Let me know...

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Originally posted by TPredator
[br]BskidooC - Hey do you ride up near leadville alot? I have been wanting to get up there, but I have not met anyone who has ridden up there for tips on where to go. I have heard good things, but have not got the oppertunity. Let me know...
yup lots of ereas around leadville to ride.....
my suggestions are to ride chicago ridge or climax........climax is real mellow when you stay on the trail but there is some sick hill climbin back up in there

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I was new to Colorado I joined two clubs. They are a great place to start, and for the sport it self. Check out coloradosledcity.com for club info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts