Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my parents bought me a 1997 civic dx coupe back a few years and i've decided to sell it. I am looking for a older (mid 80's, early 90's) gmc sierra or chev silverado. They few i have seen have 305's in them. I do beleive one has a 350. What kind of performance can i expect from these trucks. How is the gas milege. They are all two wheel drives.What have they got for horsepower?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I own a 1982 chev p/u with a 305 in it carb. gas mileage sucks. The truck is in mint shape though we have done a complete body job on it and paint job. The body parts are very easy to get and cheap. We do all our own body and paint work. We are putting a 1989 350 engine in it now. but leaving it carb. This way we don't have to get a computor and wiring harness for the injectors. As for horse power these trucks are designed for working not out right h.p. I use mine for towing a drag car and such like stuff. I love my old truck, it never again needs to be E-tested which they do here in Ontario. It is too old for that now. If you get a fuel injected engine they are not too bad on gas, go for the 350 if you can. Good luck any more questions just ask./snofan/../images/users/canadianguy/1982_Chev_Silverado.jpg

·
Registered
671 Posts
ya the 350's are cheap and easy to rebuild, i just rebuilt one this winter, like 400 dollars for hole rebuild kit, and to get it bored, cam and everything, good deals around

1 - 3 of 3 Posts