Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday night, me and my other half are heading up to Wabeno, and staying at the Safari Motel.
So now comes the questions:

1. Will any other Fanatics be up in the area on saturday?

2. Where are some good places to stop to eat/drink/ride toward?
I rode around the area a little last year, but nothing really stands out except for one little bar in Armstrong Creek.

I'll have "da wife" with me, so we probably won't cover a lot of ground, but we'll be riding, so that's a good thing.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
If you get up to Laona there is a good eating place there on the east side of town, the trail goes right past it if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Townsend has a good little cafe called "Carla's Cafe" they have awesome breakfasts and it is really cheap, we stop there everytime we come back home from Iron River for breakfast on sunday mornings. But do you know how much snow they have? I would like to put some miles on my sled so when you get back if you could post the riding report that would be great. Well have fun and happy trails.

Steve

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think we ate at Carla's Cafe last Superbowl Sunday, and yes, good eats.
I've seen pictures and read reports..... Forest County trails are open, and right now that's all I really care about. Sounds like they are in good shape, all things considered..... but are in dire need of more snow.
I'll get pictures, and comment on my brand new Collett Sno*Fone Platinum 900 helmet communicators.
Tomorrow a friend is comming over, and we're gonna get a rough dial in with them.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
PM 440racer....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Take a ride to Roberts Lake and the Wild
Rose good food or head towards pickerel Lily River Lodge has decent food and new owners that care or all the way to Pickerel and stop at Pickerel Point Resort good food there also.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh wow, I haven't been to Lily River in years. When we used to go there, the owner had this HUGE dog.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey thanks Indy400_88 for the report that you have heard on the snow. I might go up there saturday if me and my dad finish putting some cabinets in at a house early enough. But if I dont then maybe Ill go next weekend. But anyways thanks for the report again and have fun.

Steve

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
When i was up there we stopped at froggys in wabeno and i thought the food was decent although that was 2 years ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Froggys in Wabeno is now Backhaus Sportsmen Retreat and the food there is still as good as ever we were there 2 weeks ago Rick and Nicole are very friendly people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts