Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at buying a 2002 supersport 550. I dont know much about these sleds. The only thing that scares me is 5000 miles. there upstate ny miles so most likely pretty smooth trails. If anyone can give me any advice that would be great. How many miles will one of these go without a rebuilt engine or clutches? Please help asap. Thanks alot

·
Registered
741 Posts
i had a 99 supersport 550. it was friggen mint with 5,000 ish mi, sold it for $1350. It went and rode good, it was an OK sled, not a powerhouse or anything but good to putt around on and would make the perfect wife's sled. dont worry about the miles IMO, worry more on how it was taken care of.

·
Registered
718 Posts
^agreed with vamped400. just worry how it was taken care of. those are solid engines. be weary of the oil pump. some injector pumps' bolts tend to vibrate out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
rock solid engines, i had one until last year, maybe 75 tops, not a powerhouse, but gets there quick. think they were around 60 hp or so. miles don't hurt these engines. I've heard of people getting 10,000 miles

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
My brother in law has one, agreed with above, rock solid little sled, like a Timex, will take a lickin and keep on tickin [thumb]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts