Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off i have a totalled Polaris 1988 Indy 400, but it has a lot of good parts on it that i would like to get another Indy 400 so i could keep my old one for parts.

Heres what i found, 1990 Indy 400, 3500miles, new carbides, cover. Small cracks in hood otherwise excellent condition. Reliable. Got him down to $1000 but Kelly Blue book says $800

IS THIS A GOOD BUY??? 6hour drive from me.

I can't afford a new one plus i already have a good parts sled. Doing local riding only.

http://www.cybrtown.com/~fankhaup/other/POL_0007.jpg

http://www.cybrtown.com/~fankhaup/other/POL_12.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
it looks like a clean sled but i'd try and get him to either deliver for 1000 or if he doesnt pay him 800, or somthing like that. its a nice sled tho

·
Registered
975 Posts
6 hours each way or 6 hours total. Dunno...tough call. $700 and you pick up

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
where you live? I'll sell you my sled for $1000, it's a 92 440 XCR with 1000 miles on a rebuid, a quick, light sled. new track 1000 miles ago also.

-Dean

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
must of had front end damage. missing nose cone decals. some decals also missing on hood

·
Registered
749 Posts
I was going to say the exact same thing but i see xcr 440 pointed that out. I know them sleds pretty good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you are interested i have a 91 440 indy sport, dark red.

New ski's and rods two years ago, and new windsheild this year.
I'm asking 1200 for it.
I live in Ottawa which is about 20 minutes south of defiance, 20 minutes north oflima and 20 minutes east of findlay.
E-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kelly blue book is a good reference but what realy matters is what is it worth to you. I personally would not pay that much for a sled that is almost 15 years old. However, I do not have a parts sled, I do more that local riding, and I currently have a sled that runs. Point is the final price will depend on the cercomstances of the buyer and seller. You do have some leverage here. The sled is old, the hood is damaged, his potential buyer is six hours away so he may not have a local buyer at that price. Also, it can be difficult some times to unload a used sled especially when the economy is in the tank. It's a buyers market so use this leverage to your advantage. Point out the sleds faults and mention the KBB price. Push for delivery. He will if he wants the cash. If he won't budge, ice him for a while. It's a gamble but that brings us back to what's it worth to you and how bad do you want it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey kblazk, I was wondering what happened to the new SS or RMK you were interested in. There is a Polaris dealer here in Ashtabula, about 3 hours from you, that has a few new 02 500's he's selling at or near cost. He's a friend of mine and I dont mind contacting him for you if you don't want to call long distance or whatever. I'm not sure what the rules are regarding leaving third person name and number so I left it out. If there is no problem with this I will be glad to leave that information for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i decided not to get a new one, i have decided id be happier with another 400LC and the extra cash on hand, :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where is this sled and how do I contact the guy?
MAybe he'll meet me ( I mean You) part way!
[}:)] [;)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts