Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to buy a jetski, dont have much money but i found this 1988 kawasaki 650 sx stand up, for 800 obo, does anyone have one, are they good skis, how much do they go for?

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i moved this topic as it doesnt belong in general.

$800 is a good price for a 650sx if its in really good shape. make sure to check the impellor and pump out really good and check the shaft of any side to side play.

·
Registered
457 Posts
i bought a 89 650 last year for $300. I wasnt expecting much when i bough it for cheap but it came with a 44sbn carb which was a good upgrade carb for the 650 motor and a aftermarket ride plate and intake grate. Cosmetically mine wasnt in such great shape but $800 for a ski in good shape seems like a good deal to me. Do you know what mods were done to it?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I hope you have ridden one before. I have owned standups all my life and they are an absolute blast. But they aren't for everyone. If you look around the Lake Michigan area by me, you could probably find one for 800, that is a lot newer, unless this guy has done a ton of work to it, I would be careful. Look the hull over real carefully making sure it has not been beached a lot and at speed. They are awesome machines, I always throw mine in the back of a crumpy minivan, and with two people they are cake to get into the water. Have fun, and remember you are not buying anything close to a sit down craft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts