Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking to purchase a sled in the mid to late 90's. Can someone make a good recomendation? Have ridden Ski-Doo all my life ('97 Mach I being last machine I owned - sold it in '00) but am considering trying something different?.. I don't want to go triple as I have been hearing too many horror stories about them but don't know what make/size of twin to pursue. It's been frusturating talking to people as I keep getting conflicting stories of what's good and bad. I was looking at a '95 Mach I but was talked out of it by an ex-Ski-doo mechanic that promised me I would have nothing but troubles from a 670 with the twin piped exhaust? If anyone can offer some suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. I anxiously want to get back into ridding again. 7 years without a sled is just wrong... Thanks.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Take a look in the Swap Meet section of the forum.
Welcome aboard you'll learn a lot while you're here.
Rick

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
what kind of riding you want to do?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I heard the 670's were solid motors.

I like ex-raced MXZ 500's. That's what I own, trail converted. Great broad powerband. Nice suspension. Good for ditchbanging, and mine even took a 650 for 1000 feet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by 98srx700
[br]what kind of riding you want to do?
It will mostly be trail riding but I don't want to be limited if I have the urge to hit the ditch and wind it up to 90+ mph. So far I have looked at a '98 XC 700, '99 ZR 700 & '95 Mach I.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
all those 3 sleds are great sleds for all of those or the mxz 670 because it has the height to it so u can get better jumps

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
The 98 XC 700 would be probably the best option for you, although the 670's are great, too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
670's are solid, probably one of the, if not the best engines ski-doo made.
I have a 98 Form Z 670 and have now just had my first problem with it and it is just a burnt piston ring. Pretty sure I know what caused it as well.
Stay away from the Mach 1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Sabian33
[br]670's are solid, probably one of the, if not the best engines ski-doo made.
I have a 98 Form Z 670 and have now just had my first problem with it and it is just a burnt piston ring. Pretty sure I know what caused it as well.
Stay away from the Mach 1
Thanks for the info. Just to be clear, the Mach I you made reference to stay away from - you mean the '95, 670 with the twin pipe exhaust or the '97 with the 700 triple that I used to own. Is there a difference with the 670's that run single exhaust compare to twin pipes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts