Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 94 xlt indy special chassis with a preditor track fully studded powered with a 88 indy 650 thats bored piped and jetted and i am thinking about selling it and upgrading to a newer sportyier ride preferably a polaris or skidoo from like 2005 and newer. i like how the fusions look and heard they preform pretty decent and they are easy to mod. i want a 600 or bigger but no bigger than a 800. want something aggressive that will hold up with long rough trail riding and some small jumping here n there. not really sure how the skidoo's are compared to the polaris's, the last skidoo i owned was a 94 formulah mach1 with a 670.

i want to know the pro's and con's of both polaris & skidoo such as motors, engine upgrades, suspensions, steering, overall sugested mods, sled failures or recals to watch out for and overall exsperiances with the sled.

i really appreciate your input and advice and your exsperiances to help me decide what to and to not look for.

my price range is around 4k or less.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Definitely watch out for 2005-2006 Fusion 700/900's. There's a reason why they were only made for two years. Owners of the 700/900 may say it's a great sled, but a lot of updates and recalls need to be done.
The 2006 Fusion 600 is still a good sled, but it still suffers from poor spindles that make steering heavy. Can be solved by swapping for newer IQ spindles.
Whatever you choose, it's going to be a wonderful upgrade from a 94 XLT

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
here, I'll throw you a bone. My buddy just told me on saturday that he's selling his 06' 600 fusion (red) and he said he'd do 2500.00 on it. He and I bought these together brand new in the summer of 06'. His has under 3k on it, 09' skis which also help wth the steering, upraded the track from a 1" to a 1.25".

I was gonna buy it just for the motor and part the rest out but decided to wait. He could use the dough now which is why I'm telling you this. I really can't give you much for comparison to a comparable rev since I've never really spent much time on one. I will say for the price, this is a deal that's hard to find. When I still had mine we raced on my other buddie's air strip and he would smoke me everytime....bout 8 mph more top end. I was running rich but still...his is fast.

he lives in champlin mn which is a nw suburb of minneapolis. Pm me for my number if you are interested. I'll probably put it in the swap meet if I don't hear from you in a day or so. I can get pics later today. Honestly though, it looks great in a pic. No major bumps or bruises. It also has a rumble pack and bar hooks on it.

Adam

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Micah, that's a great price!^^ better act on it since I live in Champlin too[8D]. Haha, just kidding, I already have 3 sleds when I barely get the chance to ride one

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Were abouts in champlin are you? My buddy is on valley forge. I'm off round lake and 10 in andover. We ride the park reserve quit a bit. Might have to hook up next winter for a rip.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
near 114th and Winnetka. I don't care for the park reserve too much, always seems the trails are pretty crappy. But I'll probably be testing my suspension and clutching set up there come winter since it's the closest trails. When I'm back from Duluth for my semseter break in December/January I'll give you a shout!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah im looking to sell my 94 xlt with a 650 in it and then i have some extra money that im getting when i refinance this next month and im wanting to upgrade so bad for this season. end of august i will have the cash. id be really intrested in it id really like some pics if i could. thanks or e-mail them to me [email protected]

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I'll get you some pics man....

you gonna be @ haydays?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Definitely watch out for 2005-2006 Fusion 700/900's. There's a reason why they were only made for two years. Owners of the 700/900 may say it's a great sled, but a lot of updates and recalls need to be done.
The 2006 Fusion 600 is still a good sled, but it still suffers from poor spindles that make steering heavy. Can be solved by swapping for newer IQ spindles.
Whatever you choose, it's going to be a wonderful upgrade from a 94 XLT
the fusions steering problem can also be fixed with Slydogg skies.....I know this from personal experience. i changed my skis last season and not my sled is easyer to handle...but the 600ho engines are awesome, lots of power and fun to ride, as well as it handle bumps extremely well...if i didnt love mine so much i would have traded it in this year for a 600 RUSH

·
Registered
443 Posts
The only ski doo i rode was the rev and that was a very fun sled to ride and to me it was very smooth and had alot of power.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how are those xc edge's?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I like the x edge better then the xc but i hear they are very good sled we had a 2001 xc sp and that sled was very good on the trails and had a bit of power.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The ergonomics on the Edge XC's are still great. Not quite as good as a Fusion, but still better than any older Poo. Edge suspension is wonderful. I really hate the graphics on the '02 XC's and don't care too much for 2003's either. I love the 2004-2005 XCSP's and the 2002-2003 Edge X sleds. Any liquid Liberty Engine 500-800cc were great in the Edge chassis, maybe some few issues on the 800 PTO bearing but I don't think it's a deal breaker.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i had a 2002 500 xcsp and loved it mostly because it has the M-10 suspension...it was like riding a couch...if you can find one with a m-10 get it

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i rode one witha m-10 and it was nice. i always wanted a m-10 for my self. i want to sell my sled i have now and use the money twords a newer sled. im just tired of riding the old wedge style, deffinatly time for an upgrade. i think i am leaning twords a 2006 fusion with the 600.

what does the 600 in the fusion compare to lets say any wedge style motor. power wise in comparison.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
120-125 hp

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so im looking at about the same as i have now just a beter ride, handeling and suspension.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
correct. The Fusion 600 still uses the Carb'd Liberty 600 VES small block, not the CFI 600

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
MicahMan said:
so im looking at about the same as i have now just a beter ride, handeling and suspension.
the cluthing (unless yers is dialed perfectly) will b much better on the fusion. You'll feel a substantial performance upgrade with the 06' clutch. I talked with my buddy today too...he had the clutch went through last season and all the shocks rebuilt.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cause i know that my carb'd 650 is bored out and is equivalant to a 660 or 670 something after all the work was done. my jugs are ported n polished and i jetted the carbs for my psi pipes. i hook up really good since i installed a 1 1/4"camoplast preditor track that is fully studded. i mean i can from 20-50 mph hold it full throtle and keep the ski's off the trail. if i end up keeping it till we get snow i will deffinatly post some videos of it. i have a few yamaha guys who are impressed at this polaris.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts