Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought i 2001 xc600sp with 1700miles last year for a pretty good deal.Now it has 2300 miles. I rebuilt all the shocks put new bearsing in all the wheels and put a dyno port can and a 4" bar riser on it. I love the sled but now sence the seasons getting closer im looking to do a few things to get to get some more snap. I was told this is the setup to use. Almond/blue with 10/60 weights. 23/40 gears and 420 mains. This might snound like a stupied question but where can i get these parts from? I check denis kirk and couldn't find anything. Also if i was to put pro taper handle bars on it is there a way to keep my hand warmers and still get it to look good with out a bunch of wires every where?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Clean your exhaust port valves. I did that on my pro 785 PWC and it was a huge difference. I have the same sled and I'm gonna be doing the same thing.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Cleaning exhaust valves is a great idea, just when taking them out: A: make sure the gasket doesn't tear, and B: Make sure you know which way the gullitine points when you take it out. (Usually down)

Talk to your local dealer, they will get the stuff for you.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
All those clutching parts are OEM Polaris parts used on various sleds. You can find them used on ebay on stuff. Usually it is best to buy new springs though.

·
Registered
584 Posts
for the handlebars you can get wire loom i think its called and put it around your wires http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8259/wireloom.jpg

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have cleaned my valves already this year and i cleaned them last year at the start of the season and they looked great this summer. And yes i have thought of using wire loom eaither the plastic round tube or maybe the fiber loom would look better and i can get that where i work. so what sled does a Almond/blue clutch spring come off? or can i just go in there and tell them i want a Almond/blue clutch spring and they will know what im talking about.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Only sled it came stock on was the 2000 Edge XCF. So basically will be like finding a needle in a haystack if you go the used route. But you can buy new "OEM reproduction" springs from aftermarket companies EPI and others for like $30. Through the stealership I'm sure you're looking at a bit more $$.
The Polaris part number is 7041922.

Here, EPI didn't have OEM reproductions, Goodwin performance does.
$38 + shipping
http://www.goodwinperformance.com/polarisclutches.asp
4th section from the top labeled "Polaris OEM Drive Springs" and then you can select the almond/blue from the drop down list.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN thanks for the link. I see the weights are there to so im going to order both of them right away. And for the gears i see they also have them on the site but which ones are right for my sled? and is the 23 the upper and the 40 the lower or the other way around?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I'm almost positive the gears are 3/4" wide HYVO, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, the smaller gear (23T in this case) is always the top sprocket.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
when you see a color of springs make sure you know what brand they are...a red poo spring isnt going to be the same as a red spring from cpi, or hot seat or slp or goodwin performance. Also may want to look into changing your helix. Lots of options, just all depends on what you want. Just remember to gain something you have to give up something.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
KRSS144 said:
when you see a color of springs make sure you know what brand they are...a red poo spring isnt going to be the same as a red spring from cpi, or hot seat or slp or goodwin performance. Also may want to look into changing your helix. Lots of options, just all depends on what you want. Just remember to gain something you have to give up something.
Sadly thats true.
Here's a pic of my 2000 XCSP. has a slp can, and some form of a clutch kit- i was told "stage two race kit". I just know its snappy.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
What is the easiest way for me to tell what setup i have in my sled?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
what do you mean by setup? gears? open chaincase. Clutches? Primary spring should colored? Need to get the color then find what the spec's are on it. Then see what weights you have in? Secondary should have numbers on helix and also a spring color.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
tdgbigfoot said:
what do you mean by setup? gears? open chaincase. Clutches? Primary spring should colored? Need to get the color then find what the spec's are on it. Then see what weights you have in? Secondary should have numbers on helix and also a spring color.
yeah, i meant spring setup.
I would just be interested in finding out, don't want to take anything out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have 196 studs in it.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
23/39 gearing is stock, 22/40 is better studded or 136". 420 mains are stock, install a tempaflow and you won't worry about jetting again while gaining 2mpg. You want it to pull hard? I had the same sled back then and this is what I did and was very pleased with it.
22/40 gearing
136"x1.25" track
Heelclicker clutch kit
420 mains with Tempaflow
Hotseat Chubby single and billet head
V-force 2's but Carbon Tech reeds can do just as good.
SLP boost bottle

No one could outrun me and go farther on a tank of fuel. Good luck with your's.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So if i just went with the The almond blue with 10/60 weights and 420 mains and left the stock gearing what could i expect the sled to act like?
Are 420 mains stock in it already?
And if i decided to run the set up i said about and also did the 23/40 gears what would my sled run like?

Just trying to decide what i want to do not really sure if i want to do anything just want to know what the seld would run like?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts