Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hope I can get these to fit the frankenstein. I cant believe how many people out there are still looking for 650 pipes and paying big bucks to get them. Ive been second in line on several occasions. Not this time and it appears it was worth the wait. Got them for $180.00 plus shipping.
[attachment=48241]

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy says they are SLP. I hope hes right. Didnt have time to verify with anyone here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polaris-SLP-Pipes-650-Indy-may-fit-others_W0QQitemZ280045924382QQihZ018QQcategoryZ100468QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Looks like a SLP canister to me. I can't wait to ride with ya Rich and see people's heads turn looking at the suspicious 440!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
well what ever they are, im sure your going to be able to fit them in. your going to have quite the sleeper sled. good luck

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
if they were to be XLT pipes, would you still be able to run them on that motor? what would the differences be

·
Registered
214 Posts
if theyll still fit (which they should same chassis) id say theyd work.. nothing wrong with a lil more back pressure... 580 to a 650?? safe in my book (no different than people puttin a 600 stocker in a iq 440 race chassis and still running the single cermaic pipe on the 6) run them and see how she feels if it dont feel or pull right do more research...

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I know for a fact that XLT pipes will NOT fit on an Ultra. I was sold a set years ago told they were for the Ultra, I get home 400 miles later and nope, XLT, and no way to squeeze them in. Hopefully they will work!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Making them fit is not the issue. Even if they are 650 pipes I have to cut them apart to compensate for the foward tilt of the engine. No biggie, I have all the nessesary equipment.

My only worry is the mounting flanges and being able to get the thing to run right. Maybe Madcow or Riley will see this and chime in.

What the arent is XLT pipes. I was looking around and the XLT has an entirely different curvature from the exhaust flange to where the pipe starts get bigger.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Do you have them yet? Because I was looking and thought they may be the stock pipes off the XCR SP motors.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wont see them until after Thanksgiving due to work restraints but may be able to get some pictures from someone at the office. I passed a couple e-mails back to the seller and he is standing by the application.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.