Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a can on my sled and it dont seem to fit on vary well where the pipe's run into the can is hardly close enough that it even leaks from there a bit and iv deffenly noicted a lose is power and im woundering is it cuz the can is no in there right that im loseing back pressure makeing me Lost power??, its not fitting right becuase where the can comes out the botttom of the sled that hole is too far, so all i would need to do is cut it out a bit more closer to the pipe's right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah i would check the back pressure and also but some high temp. caulk around the muffler and can and let it dry for a good night. i thought i was having the same problem but mine was i had a cracked cage on one of my v-forces. what i would do is put your old can back on and see if it does it and if it does clean your carbs and just look around down there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What type of can did you install? I have noticed over the years certain mfrs cans tend to rob HP.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a PPP can, And im pretty sure its the can not the carbs cuz as soon as i put it on i felt it, and ill probly cut the botton out a bit and then put some Ultra cupper silicone on there if all else fails ill switch the stock can back on and seee. My question is should i just go ahead with my plan or am i way off track??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well. If i was you i would take the time, change ur can back to stock, and try it, if u go cutting away, and wrecking stuff, then trying to fix it after and doing a redneck job, its not worth it. i would suggest putting old can on, see if it runs better/ like before, then if so, well then check ur can, make sure everything is good, and maybe try and modify things from there.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
take ur pipe and new can out of sled then since it out of sled see if the can fits the pipe with no leaks if you know that the exit hole is to far back then cut out new hole

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K i did what u guys said.. the stock can is on right now and iv already been out and the power is all backk..maybe instead of modify the exhust exit i can weld a little more tubein on the end of the can to and then seal it up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts