Snowmobile Fanatics banner

loss of power!!!1

823 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Boersy 
#1 ·
i have a 1995 polaris xcr and whenever i accelerate i motor bogges and barely moves.... it started out ok but about 2 laps around the yard it started bogging and finally shut off it fires back up firts pull and ran ok but then again it started bogging it then shut down again and wouldnt start back up had to tow it back wid the ozark any suggestions... finally the snows here and my sled wont run[:(!]thanks
billy

#4 ·
Throw some heat or seafoam in the gas tank after cleaning the carbs thouroghly. Could be water in the gas, although usually they spit and sputter along with backfiring, but not always.

Have you tried new plugs yet?

Also jetting could be off and it is running way rich. If you can't run it WOT for a mile then put the back end in the air and run it at fairly high rpm's for about 30 seconds. Kill it, don't let it idle down, and nail the brakes. Pull the plugs as quickly as possible. Should be a cardboard color. Black and wet = rich, White = lean.

#5 ·
Check for a stuck choke and thoroughly clean the carburetors while your at it. When you put them back on make sure to even the slides out so all three carbs are running the same. To do this make sure the bottom of the slides in all the carburetors are even with or a 1/16 of an inch below the top part of the throat of the carb. at wide open throttle. Obviously have the motor shut off while doing this. If they are not all the same adjust the cable on top of the carb. so they are the same. I had these problems with my 1995 XCR 600 so I'm speaking from experience. You should check the slides in the carb. often because mine would move around from time to time.

#6 ·
i waz thinking it might be the carbs... i figured it was most likely a simple problem ill try n clean the carbs soon n hopefully get it runnin if thats not the problem...any other suggestions thanks billy

#7 ·
Clean your carbs, run fresh fuel. I ALWAYS start my sleds up every week or 2 at the most during the offseason, and don't have any issues when I start riding it in the fall.

#8 ·
i am his friend and we put a new tank on it with fresh gas before we rode it but never cleaned the carbs

#9 ·
ur not my friend pshhh ur my best friend lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.