Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great time at the Scorpion Homecoming this past weekend. Thought I'd share these pix with you! Enjoy!
[attachment=59090]
[attachment=59091]
[attachment=59092]
[attachment=59093]
[attachment=59094]
[attachment=59095]
[attachment=59096]
[attachment=59097]
[attachment=59098]
[attachment=59099]
[attachment=59100]
[attachment=59101]
[attachment=59102]
[attachment=59103]
[attachment=59104]
[attachment=59105]
[attachment=59107]
[attachment=59108]

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
wow thats amazing

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
Originally posted by t660redrocket
[br]
[attachment=59108]
That looks to me like a Massey Ferguson.

Given Massey Ferguson and Scorpion virtually worked hand in hand, or I would presume they did. We have a '77 Massey Ferguson Whirlwind 440 that is identical to a Scorpion Whip.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Please tell me those pics weren't taken on Lake Minnewaska in Glenwood this weekend!! [V]

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]
Originally posted by t660redrocket
[br]
[attachment=59108]
That looks to me like a Massey Ferguson.

Given Massey Ferguson and Scorpion virtually worked hand in hand, or I would presume they did. We have a '77 Massey Ferguson Whirlwind 440 that is identical to a Scorpion Whip.
Yes it is a Massey. In fact it is prior to the hook up with Scorp. This guy was feeling left out, off to the side of the crowd. He was practically the only guy there without a Scorpion. Really nice sled!

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by ultrastud
[br]Please tell me those pics weren't taken on Lake Minnewaska in Glenwood this weekend!! [V]
These pics were taken on Serpent Lake in Crosby, MN. Hometown of Scorpion Snowmobiles.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Yep been thru there many times!1 Another great sled that died way before it time!! [V]

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTW my sled is the 8th pic down. It is a 1981 Scorpion Sidewinder 440 L/C. My son is posing on the sled. He had a great time too!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Sounds like ya had a blast!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by ultrastud
[br]Sounds like ya had a blast!!
This is the first vintage show I've been to, so I didn't know what to expect. To say I had a blast is not the end of it! We had an awesome time. I forgot just how quick some of those old sleds can go! The whine of an old CCW motor is a sound from the old machines that I had just about forgot about. But when one came roaring by I was forever reminded. Then.....to hear once again a Super Stinger with it's dual stinger pipes running off a triple engine that would barely start with a shot of starting fluid. THen to wrap the whole thing up the totally bad ass Brut struts it's stuff around too. What a nasty sled!!!! Way ahead of it's time in 1975. It truly was a great day despite the ketchup and mustard freezing up in the concession stand. I can't wait for the next show.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Well if you ever get up this way check out the big vintage party up here, I heard they had over 300 racers registered!!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I believe the Thunder Jet was the featured sled on Minnewaska, I know one thing I WON'T be missin it next year!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
sweet thats alot of scorpions

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
There are a couple nice ol scorpians on ebay right now but they ain't givin them away [V]

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you really want to some some cool scorps,the harrison museum is a must.32 sleds all like brand new.I forgot my camera or i would have posted some of those.Next year is suppose to be on feb 2nd.I took 6 sleds there but could only get 4 on the ice,to fricken cold for the older girls i have.I had the only yellow superstinger there.It is a must for the scorpion fanatics.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts