Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt notice it on my last ride but today went out to start the sled and warmed it up it was idling fine but when I would givie it gas and then let off it is making a loud snap sound I have no idea what it is does any one have any ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does it with or without the track moving its kinda hard to explain and It didnt seem like it was coming from the clutch when I had the hood up trying to see what it was but i alone and kinda hard to look and rev it up at the same time

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think a back fire would be a little louder then what im hearing would it backfire every time i let off on the rpms? i havent done any carb work only bought the sled a week ago and have only put on 200 miles and the temp has stayed about the same I did change the plugs and had the same sound

·
Registered
632 Posts
does it do it if you open the throttle and let it off while the sled isnt running? could be a sticky cable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds to me like you have some slack somewhere in the driveline.... Either in the chain case or the track itself. There could also be considerable wear on the front cogs which drive the track. The slap you hear, I suspect, is the track on the slides because of slackness or the chain in the chaincase.

If neither of the above pan out, check to see if the primary clutch is moving freely and not sticking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
going to look at it some more today and see if I can find the problem thanks for the ideas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts