Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1993 polaris 750 storm. The middle piston and rings were replaced less that 100 miles ago. The outside 2 were not touched. I did a compression test on all 3 cyls today and they are all at around 110 to 113, the middle being the highest. I was expecting alot higher being that my 02 xc800 has almost 150. The sled only has about 4000 miles on it and runs like a sceaming banchee..... Do I need to be worried?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
No....I always had reading around that mark with my triples. When they get down to 100 psi or less is when I would want to rebuild.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
^^ What he said. As long as compression is above 100 psi your ok.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Try a friends guage and see if reading is same.

It is low (if true), but it will run.

90 650 , 150 psi on my guage, cylinder within 3 of each other

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
my 95 xlt engine has a compression of 90 and i'm leaving it alone cause it runs awesome

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by Clouse2411
[br]my 95 xlt engine has a compression of 90 and i'm leaving it alone cause it runs awesome
90 is quite poor, shouldn't be running all that great.

Rebuild the engine and you won't reconize the sled.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've ran sleds around 90....I actually rode all last season with my indy being 93 psi/cylinder....which is pretty low ....but like you said it ran awesome!...started first pull and plenty of power...I had no reason to decommission my sled and put the season on hold! and it got alot of miles that way...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts