Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i've finally got my sled set up great thanks to everyone who helped me out over this past little while. my jetting is good, clutching is good, theres only one thing left.. when sitting at the line with rpms just below engagement, theres a slight hang when i go to WOT, just enough so that when my skis come up, they drop again from the bog and then lift again.. what could cause this? thanks!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
What is your engagment rpm? When you nail it..does the rpm over shoot the ideal rpm you are suppose to run at WOT? Or does it seem not to pull the rpm right away then pull it once you are out of the hole?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Either your clutching needs some tuning or your jetting is off. I would see what your fuel screws are set at on your carbs. Set them to what Polaris specifies unless somebody else knows a better setting. I know nothing about the XCR 440's but X-Treme3x can help you I'm sure.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
yah, what are the temps, could you drop the pilot one size?
it could also be clutching. if the motor launches hard for the first couple feet it isnt shifting, then after a couple feet it starts to shift. at that point it might shift out a little to hard. when the sled bogs it might give it time to catch up and basically start over. but now you have a slight roll going.?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i thought that too maybe with that short time to walk out a little bit may be getting me off the line quicker than if i spun.. im guna have a look at the pilots and air screws, seems like i might be able to lose some of that bog with my jetting.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to the other question my eng is 4800, top rpm is 8300. its fine there no drifiting over or under. just that when the clutch grabs the belt theres a slight hang. a worn belt could cause this trouble too couldnt it?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Could be your deflection might be to tight...make sure its 1.25''.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i might just bump the engagement up a bit and see what happens and pick up a new belt.. whats the best belt to run on these sleds?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Not sure on belt number...dealer should be able to tell you. 065 or 067 would be my guess? but only a guess.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool cool. do you have any idea what color (oem or aftermarket) spring i can get to raise my engagement? i want to eng at about 5500 and see how that works, i gota white epi spring 125/280 and i need something with a higher initial rate? any thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts