Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read a few post about the bog..it seem to be a pluged poilt jet. and that could be my problem.. ok i bought a 98 rmk 700 and it hasn`t ran in a bit the cdi went in it. some the guy never fixed it now its like im taking off in 2nd gear it has know bottom after i go about 10 to 15 in bog mode it hits 6000 rpm and pulls good then. clutch seem to be right on kicks in at 4500, its got slp twin pipes boost bottle and v force reeds 2.. i looked at the reeds the look good no cracks splits so on.i dont like playing with the carbs cuz i dont know them that well. any way anyone got a carb brake down so i can see what i need to do. or could it be something else? would compressed air and carb clean work instead of wire?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

Find your sled here, it will show a breakdown. Pilot jets are famous for clogging, the holes are very small and they plug easily. I use a small wire or fishing line to clean 'em out, good as new.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks dan..may dealer says they have never had one plug up ever.and they said the sled wouldnt idel worth a crap if it was pluged...i`ll still clean mine just so i know its good

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Where is the belt sitting in the secondary? It should be riding out of the secondary just a bit.. if the belt is too narrow and the belt rides down into the secondary, it will act "like it's taking off in second gear".

The pilot jet circuit controls idle to 1/4 throttle; from 1/4 throttle to about 3/4 throttle , the needle jet/jet needle controls the fuel by metering the main jet, then after 3/4 throttle, the main jet controls the fuel. If your bog is at start-off, look at the idle circuit (pilot jet). If it's bogging from 1/4 to 3/4, look at the needle jet/jet needles. Keihins are a bit prone for needle jet/jet needle wear, and unlike mikuni's, are not very rebuildable. You can get new needles, but if the jet is worn, you are kind of sunk...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts