Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Polaris Indy 500
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey hoping someone can help. I took off my carbs to give them a clean as my sled wouldn’t start. Once I got them back together it took a bit of tuning as it was very lean at first. Got the sled running good at idle and anything above 7 grand but anywhere below it will start to bog out making a “popcorn” sound and will quit, seems to get worse sometimes after riding for a bit when it’s hot. When taking off I have to gun it into high rpm or it will instantly bog when it’s warmed up. Other than that the sled runs mint revs up to 8 grand. I have a 98 Polaris Indy 500
Ps once the bog starts I have to stop and bring it back to idle and rev it a couple times to be able to take off again. Wondering if it could be choke cable, idler screws wore out, fuel pump even? Plugs are darker beige after WOT but during the bog I pulled them and they were darker (not wet).

·
Registered
24 Posts
make sure your choke plungers arent sticking, mine was bogging and that was the issue, also make sure all your airways are clear in your carb especially if its been sitting for awhile

1 - 2 of 2 Posts