Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the spot safe under the tunnel? It is the rear bolt that connects the suspension to the tunnel. It is on an 05 indy 500..Also could somebody tell me what it is for?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool man thank you much,merry christmas.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was wondering because the front of the track is slanted off the groundfrom about half way on the skid. it is in the bracket under the foot peice on the tunnel ..like right where the hole is for the rear bolt????

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by proxJ
[br]Dont run the skid on the drop down bracket, it will screw up your geomtry for trail riding.
this is true. it increases ski pressure so it gets harder to steer and may get a bit darty.

·
Registered
349 Posts
But that could be to an advantage too. I switched to the lower hole last year, and found greatly improved handling. But with the new carbides and ski skins this year, it may different.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That I understand. I am just talking about the added ski pressure. Going to the lower hole on any machine is going to increase ski pressure. Depending on how the rest of your machine is set up, it can be detrimental, or beneficial.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
If you're going to drop the rear of the skid, you should also drop the front of the skid. Keeps the skid sitting right for proper geometry.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree with 95xcr600 If your gonna do the back, do the front as well It helped me,

·
Registered
691 Posts
i dropped my rear bolt down on my 01 edge supersport and it dosent dart, and its not hard to steer any less then before i dropped it. just my opinion

Nick

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anybody have pics of your setups?

·
Registered
691 Posts
here is mine not the greatest pics but you get the idea

[attachment=53654]

[attachment=53655]

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Originally posted by 95XCR600
[br]If you're going to drop the rear of the skid, you should also drop the front of the skid. Keeps the skid sitting right for proper geometry.
Bingo, I just read an article about this yesterday and it stated that the drop holes are for deep powder riding and should not be used for trail riding unless the front of the skid is relocated as well. There is really no benefit to moving it for trail riding. I have had people tell me that they want more travel, but this does nothing for suspension travel, Just tunnel/track clearance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts