Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the lowest PSI an engine will run at?

My oil pump has a little air bubble coming through, I don't care if it passes or not, but this might mean my oil pump is failing, Thought I would let you guys know ahead of time before I post a vent thread.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I Need an answer with the PSI guys

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WTF? I am talking about my engine, whats the lowest PSI it will run at?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Originally posted by anstony546
[br]WTF? I am talking about my engine, whats the lowest PSI it will run at?
I give you an answer with the details you give... You talk about the oil pump failure and how much psi... You didn't give the year or model of sled or either the engine!!! I'm sorry to offense you, my mistake, read the question too fast. As for the ENGINE PSI COMPRESSION QUESTION, 100 is the acceptable limit, under that it will run like crap. But ensure to have less than 10 percent of compression difference! It is clear that way?[^]

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by STEVE650
[br]
I give you an answer with the details you give... You talk about the oil pump failure and how much psi... You didn't give the year or model of sled or either the engine!!! I'm sorry to offense you, my mistake, read the question too fast. As for the ENGINE PSI COMPRESSION QUESTION, 100 is the acceptable limit, under that it will run like crap. But ensure to have less than 10 percent of compression difference! It is clear that way?[^]
I got a question, why dose my sled run completely normal at 85PSI then?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The gauge is perfectly normal, I have tried 3 other gauges and gotten the same answer, they are all the thread in type.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not the WOT part but pulling fast to see where its at

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Originally posted by STEVE650
[br]You should WOT the sled when checking compression
And pull her over till the needle stops going up, usually 3-5 pulls.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I'll do that after school today because I'm to lazzy right now

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

He tried to help you out alot and even went thorough the trouble of posting a picture. Your a perfect example of why the younger teens on this site are looked down on.

[red] edited for content, please review the site policy, ToU [/red]

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks man, I knew I could count on people to act their age[:D]

·
Registered
766 Posts
Your sleds fine i've had 2 250 citations that will run at 75 psi of compression now thats friends own and they can ride all day with out aproblem as for the airbubble in the oil line, premix your gas and hold the oil pump lever wide open at idle if the bubble doesn't clean try to bleed pump again and check oil filter for plugs.

Good luck, I'd be tempted to take off the oil injection if your having problems its not worth it on the old 250s, but thats y personal choice

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I think they should add "If you want to be a prick, go to HCS" to the site policy.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bad news, sled dies for no reason now[:(] time to sell it and run[:D]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts