Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys , just picked up a set of used LRM trail pipes for my 96 xcr 600 monoblock piston port motor! im looking for at least some baseline clutching and jetting specs as well as max rpm. do all my riding at 0-1300 feet.

i called LRM and the guy was a total d**k to me, i didnt wanna keep him on the phone all day, just wanted some baselines, and he wouldnt help me with anything. instead spent 10 minutes crying about how many phone calls he gets and if he answered everyones question the he would wind up working for free on month out of the year! so im calling on my fellow sledders to help me out! i just sandblasted the pipes and didnt see any markings on them,, the guy i bought them off didnt have a clue how to set them up. thanks dano

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i like almond gold primary, 10mw weights, silver blue secondary spring and a 46-34 helix. as a general xlt piped clutch kit.

for jetting it seemed that stock pilots, raising the needle a clip position or two for starters and going up 2-3 sizes on the mains for starters. then work your way down.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
madcow said:
i like almond gold primary, 10mw weights, silver blue secondary spring and a 46-34 helix. as a general xlt piped clutch kit.

for jetting it seemed that stock pilots, raising the needle a clip position or two for starters and going up 2-3 sizes on the mains for starters. then work your way down.
Thanks madcow. Very helpfull to me. Im sure I can setup the jetting via trail& error, but im sure i'll be setting this this up 3 hours before a snow storm, so im trying to get close as possible before I start! Btw guys I have ufo's in my carbs!

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
ufo's will add some fun to your jetting, but will be worth it in the long run! i had them in my xc triple, and the bitch was a monster!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slamdry said:
ufo's will add some fun to your jetting, but will be worth it in the long run! i had them in my xc triple, and the bitch was a monster!!!
The ufos really richened my mid and hi end with the stock single pipe. But I gottem fine tuned pretty easily. Hopefully all goes well when jetting these pipes!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
cow's clutching sounds like a very good starting point, I have heard that the LRM pipes are comparable to the SLP's so shooting for a peak RPM around 9-9200 is where your gonna want to be to get the full HP out of them.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
madcow said:

how would a 46 32 helix effect the setup, as slp has them for 50%off [:)] just curious

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have lrm pipes on mine, clutching same as slp recomendation 10mw weights blue spring front black spring back 42/34 helix, works great, my jetting is 310 mains but i have lots of porting and alot more bore, slp starts u at 290`s with a gutted airbox but leave in the seperater in it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nova540 said:
i have lrm pipes on mine, clutching same as slp recomendation 10mw weights blue spring front black spring back 42/34 helix, works great, my jetting is 310 mains but i have lots of porting and alot more bore, slp starts u at 290`s with a gutted airbox but leave in the seperater in it.
Are those slp spring colors or polaris spring colors

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
are any timing adjustment advised for triple pipe??? i have the motor apart nows the time to do it!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
any timing adjustments needed when using triple pipes ???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts