Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the Bottom Line traction "Track Lug Studs". These are the one that screw into the lugs instead of drilling through the track. I'm somewhat concerned with these stugs tearing out of the lugs and damaging the track. Any feed back is appreciated before I purchase my studs for this winters fun in the snow!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I do not personally have any experience with the use of studs, but the use of studs by some of my riding buddies has not been good. Any stud in my opinion does damage. Track tier is the costly one, but having your friends behind you plow into you cost us all. Last year I personally just cleared my buddies sled by inches. We were looking for a side trail that interested the main. When he seen it he hit the brakes hard so as not to blow by. He came to a complete stop and I was locked and sliding for a "t Bone". I passed the back end of his sled at about 30 MPH. In some areas the use of studs is a benifit to you. Tim

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I personally won't ride without studs but not with the lug studs. We had one friend in our riding group almost die thanks to not having studs. His rear kicked out hit a rock caught and landed on a rock puncturing a lung. But I could see those track studs doing a lot of damage, that part of the track isn't designed to be as strong as the point where normal studs mount. Thats my piece on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had some experiencs with these studs, and it sure wasn't any good. A very expensive tractor tire repair bill, plus two flats on my four wheeler because of someone losing these track screws in our ditch. They should come up with a better idea of keeping them in the track.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well without beating around the bush, they 'suck'. Dont waste your money. They pull out if snagged on a rock or very hard ground, when they do come out they tear the side of the lug because they are being twisted front to back. If you are going to stud your sled, use the traditional push thru design. I am a firm believer in studs, not only for performance gains but for safety gains. Ask anyone whos hit an icy hill, going up or down, its not fun. Good luck.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
129 Posts
Another one who agrees with Maydaze: when they tear, they tear sideways, and destroy the lug.

My 2 cents: one word can describe them, "useless."

'02 MXZx 800 RER

rm -f /bin/laden

1 - 7 of 7 Posts