Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a 1.75" track measured from the face or is it total overall thinkness? This one measures 1.75 high but 2" overall, and is makiing my suspension swap into an edge chassis very difficult even with the 8 tooth drivers. In fact, this isn't going to go, even with the chaincase removed for the installation.

Just curious
I knew a 2" was most likely a no go so I thought 1 3/4 was the top end but would. Sooooo maybe I'll have to round up a 1 1/2" ???

·
Registered
197 Posts
A 1.75" track is determined by the lug size, excluding the width of the track. The thickness of a track is appox 1/4"....so the overall thickness of your 1.75" track is approx 2".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK
Found the part number in the Polaris parts pages.....
5411237 is listed as a 1.75" track, so the lugs must be measured to the face. That part is answered now.

Now to figure out why I can't run this in a wedge chassis ??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone tell me what the maximum size would be using the 8 tooth drivers in a Wedge Chassis ??

What have folks been using when they do the Xtra 10 upgrade ??

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i think a 1.50 should fit with 8 tooth drivers, any bigger you may have to lower your skid to get it to fit, but is it worth all the work is the question.

·
Registered
841 Posts
My 98 RMK stock track was a 1.75". I can check tomorrow to see what drivers are on there if that helps.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
duck's right on. I have always been told that non rmk/sks wedge's go to 1 1/2 max. Rmk/SKS wedge models I cant see where they can go any any larger than 2 (without mods)

·
Registered
841 Posts
OK, this was buggin me, so i just went and took a look. I was pretty sure what was in there, so here's what I just measured.

1.75" lug track (if you include the track thickness....2")
9 (yes, nine) tooth drivers (app 7" in diameter)
At least 1" clearance on front cooler

This is on my 98 RMK so I'm not sure if other models had different tunnel setups.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts