Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen an abundance of this lately and it's stupid.

People posting "we have 2 feet everywhere" and "we got at least a foot and a half from this storm" So on and so forth is getting terribly annoying.

I'm referring to the storm that hit Manitoba last weekend. Yes it snowed a fair bit. Did it snow one and a half feet? Not even maybe. General reports from official weather reporting stations are generally 8 to 14 inches max. 14 is the highest number that was officially reported.

I know everyone wants lots and lots of snow, but after it falls and settles down a bit it's nowhere near what people are reporting.

Especially now that it's been 36+ degrees for two days, that's not helping either.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I would have to drive an hour to find some grass lol. Was stuck up to my waist 2 days ago and hopfully again today when I go out! Cheers![:D]

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Yes, i agree totally on the snow totals everyone is always lying. However i'm not!!! Less then .5 inch here in sunny,balmy, 42deg alexandria. [V]

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
.5" huh, hell even I have 3"

of grass [xx(]

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I am sick of the the exxerated totals also. The chambers lie up in Northern Wi. I come here and try to give as accurate totals I can. Sometimes I provide pics so people can come to their own conclusions.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Indeed people exaggerating is kinda pointless. Yes, there may be 1.5-2 foot DRIFTS, but that's not the amount of snowfall...[:I]

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ya the paper said we got 29cm's, so what thats like almost a foot. not nearly what people have been saying, like 2feet and such. maybe after the snowplows pilled it on your lawn.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
You guys sound like my wife. Yes it's 10" baby, don't argue about it just play with it.[:D]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Originally posted by MNSLEDNECK56308
[br]Yes, i agree totally on the snow totals everyone is always lying. However i'm not!!! Less then .5 inch here in sunny,balmy, 42deg alexandria. [V]
I could easily find .75" in the deep spots in my backyard. .5" ??? You must be one of those glass-half-empty people. I'm not lying either.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I would lie about snow totals, except I haven't goy ANY snow to lie about!! [V]

·
Registered
128 Posts
yess 2 or 3 ft of snowfall in some places make it sound like a lie, unless your in the rockies(I was stuck in revelstoke for past few days and it must of snowed (im not lying!!! like a ft and a half in some places with in 36 hours, roads were shut and everything) any other guys from around that area can vouch for that!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
well we have about .5 in DEEP spots we got probley 3 inches mabey a little less/ more the other day but its been melting the last two days.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Originally posted by GotMud
[br]You guys sound like my wife. Yes it's 10" baby, don't argue about it just play with it.[:D]
i agree with got mud, yea it gets annoying when people exagerate a lot but oh well there just a little excited, just have fun and go out and play with it, what you get is what you get, if you only get 6" theres no point in lying and saying you got a foot

·
Registered
62 Posts
we got almost 4ft of snow in the month of december but then we got to negitive 30 degrees and it was too cold to ride, then it got warm enough to ride but all the kids being out on break from school our snow is beat up... there are still alot of untouched mountain areas though... even though the snow settled it is still deeeeeeeeep.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
WE GOT 2"! WOOOOO!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts