Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this is my first post here and I'm looking for some personal experiences some of you may have had with my situation.

I have a 2002 Edge "X" 600 with M-10 suspension. Like any good snowmobiler, I'm looking to replace the stock track with a 1.25" Ripsaw. I spoke with the guys at TracksUsa, and they said some of the Edge's with M-10 don't have enough clearance to fit the 1.25. They said I might have a problem with hitting the tunnel heat exchangers near the rear upper idler wheels.

I plan on measuring to see if I have enough room to fit it, but until then, I was hoping some of you might have had success or failure stories trying to do this same thing.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
im not sure if it would fit or not on yours... i know that if they said it doesnt then it probally doesnt. i know a 1 inch ripsaw hooks good tho

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
If TracksUSA says you might have issues with lug clearance, Id take their word for it. Ive delt with them in the past and they know what they are talking about when it comes to tracks.
Just go with a 1" lug Hacksaw. It doesnt have an aggressive of a lug pattern as the Ripsaw, but for riding on groomed trails its plenty good enough.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Measure the clearance you have now, it should fit. My mom just bought a used '01 600 Classic with the M-10 and it is running a 1.75" track without problems.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
My wifes 01 600 classic has M-10 with an 1 1/4 Ripsaw on it and I have plenty of clearence with no problems. Great track on the trails and powder.

·
Registered
123 Posts
maybe it will work. but i heard that the ripsaw is not very goo in pow pow but i have riddin a 700 wiht on and u cant notice the differant unless u are in crazy deep powder

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by polaris4u1
[br]maybe it will work. but i heard that the ripsaw is not very goo in pow pow but i have riddin a 700 wiht on and u cant notice the differant unless u are in crazy deep powder
Thats true. The Ripsaw isnt the best track in powder because of the fingers the lugs have on them. Whereas a straight lug would grab the loose snow, with a Ripsaw the loose snow tends to slip right between the fingers.
If you do a lot of powder riding, youd be better to go with the Predator track over a Ripsaw.
The Ripsaw is in it's prime on packed-down snow, but its not so good in powder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts