Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i want to buy an M-10 for my indy 500 and i plan on riding hard, hiting some jumps and doing alot of powder riding. Would it be better to just put a Xtra-10 in it? Keep in mind that i would like to jump some. What would you recommend in the m-10? the package with FOX or just the trail package? I have a tight budget so what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
The M-10 really shines in chatter bumps and trail riding. It won't kick-back in bumps like others. However, because it is a "falling rate" suspension design, it is not ideal for huge jumps, that's why sno-cross racers don't use it. The EDGE and Xtra-10 are a "rising rate" suspension to resist bottoming better. I think it would also do well in deep snow if set up correctly. In your case, choosing between Xtra-10 and M-10, i'd take the M-10 unless you plan on catching serious air-time.

The only thing bad about the trail package is that it appears as though the shocks are not rebuildable. Maybe not even gas pressure. I'd check into that. Good luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey maybe i will go with the Xtra-10 instead because it will be way cheaper. How much could i pick a new one of these up for? could i buy one with like Fox Shox in it or some really good ones? Thanks

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Not sure on a price, but i would try to find an Xtra-10 race suspension. i believe that the race susp. is built a little heavier and can take more punishment. And i would suggest that you look for one with the fox pps shock in the rear. I have seen them go for about $500, not sure if that is high or low, but i have seen a couple go for that price.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
If you wanna rip the crap out of it, don't get M-10.

Get an Xtra-10 or EDGE suspension. They can take almost anything you can give it.

I dunno how much $ they are, but fox shox are expensive!

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My M-10 long track is fantastic, but like others have said, it's not for getting 15' of air with hard landings.

I've hit plenty of small jumps, and had no problems, but let a "heavy" friend borrow my sled, he landed a BIG jump, and bent the rear portion of the slide rails after he nearly landed on the back bumper of the sled.

Under "normal" riding, it'll be fine. If you routinely plan on getting 10 or 15' (vertically) of air, then don't get an M-10.

I'd highly suggest Fox shocks (or something similar) simply for tunability and rebuildability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts