Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
snowolf said:
anyone ever done this?

is it possible w/o front end major changes?

how did it ride?
I have the older metric M-10 in my 96 SP. I did nothing to my front end, as far as the ride, lets just say koushyyy![thumb]

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ultrawillie said:
snowolf said:
anyone ever done this?

is it possible w/o front end major changes?

how did it ride?
I have the older metric M-10 in my 96 SP. I did nothing to my front end, as far as the ride, lets just say koushyyy![thumb]
what is a metric m-10?

·
Registered
506 Posts
The early M-10skids from like 94-2001 had all metric fasteners. It was redesigned with SAE fasteners when polaris wanted to start using them. Pros and cons to each but a fully updated metric is as good as a Fast version of the non metric (notice I did not say polaris version) As to the SPX question I had this same set up Fully up to date m-10 with Jack installed. Ride was fantastic but completely lost the hole shot. I later added a 1.25 track which helped. I also revalved the front shocks to just a more plush ride to match the back. As long as you understand that you will never win a drag race it is well worth doing.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
jbshocks said:
The early M-10skids from like 94-2001 had all metric fasteners. It was redesigned with SAE fasteners when polaris wanted to start using them. Pros and cons to each but a fully updated metric is as good as a Fast version of the non metric (notice I did not say polaris version) As to the SPX question I had this same set up Fully up to date m-10 with Jack installed. Ride was fantastic but completely lost the hole shot. I later added a 1.25 track which helped. I also revalved the front shocks to just a more plush ride to match the back. As long as you understand that you will never win a drag race it is well worth doing.
X2[thumb]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put an M-10 in my 95 indy 500 and WOW!!! Eats anything I can throw at it and more. Forget getting the install kits because u don't need them. Big waste of money just make some 1/8'' 2x3 steel plates and rivet them to the inside of the tunnel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts