Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes,
I have a Indy 500 and im thinking about putting an M-10 on. Its a 1995 so it has 8" in the front and 8" in the rear. Those m-10's sit up fairly high so i would need to do something for the front. Other wise my sled would be like a wedge, low rider in the front, and lift kit hick style in the back. Does anyone have any suggestions that I could do for the front? I love my 500 and i don't think i could get rid of it. It just needs to have some more travel. Does the tunnel need to be replaced also? How much would it cost?
thanks alot guys!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I believe the basic M-10 setup is around $800, but the options add up fast!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
46 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by XCR800_has_balls:

Hey dudes,
I have a Indy 500 and im thinking about putting an M-10 on. Its a 1995 so it has 8" in the front and 8" in the rear. Those m-10's sit up fairly high so i would need to do something for the front. Other wise my sled would be like a wedge, low rider in the front, and lift kit hick style in the back. Does anyone have any suggestions that I could do for the front? I love my 500 and i don't think i could get rid of it. It just needs to have some more travel. Does the tunnel need to be replaced also? How much would it cost?
thanks alot guys!

[/quote]

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have an '89 Indy 500 with an M-10 Long-Track under it. If it is adjusted right, you will not sit up noticably higher than you would with the stock suspension. There should be between 4 and 6" of sag, which puts your ride hight just slightly above stock.

You will need to buy an installation kit which bolts to the outside of the tunnel (it actually looks pretty cool, and stiffens up the tunnel a LOT). You'll have to drill holes in the tunnel, but it is not a big deal. Hint: Measure four or five times, then measure again, mark where you'll be drilling, measure again, and then just before you drill, measure the marks again. Did I mention it is important to measure?

As far as front shocks go, I put a pair of Fox shocks in the front, and otherwise did no modifications to the front end.

If you really want to have a hot little sled, put a pair of UFO's (Ultimate Flow Optimizers) into the carbs, and buy a set up PSI trail pipes for your "little" 500. I had to shorten the limiter straps on the M-10 twice, as I had problems with the skis not being on the snow enough under hard acceleration. Nice problem to have, huh? I can routinely gobble up larger-displacement sleds on the trails and spit snow and ice balls from my 136" track all over them. There is a certain satisfaction about being able to ride with the "big" sleds while being on a "little" 500. You'd be surprised how many people wonder what is under the hood of my "little" sled....

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by XCR800_has_balls:

Hey dudes,
thanks alot guys!

[/quote]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts