Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The'02 Xc700Sp I bought an this year did not come with the tool kit. which is minor as far as I'm concerned , the only thing I'm trying to figure out is how to adjust the rate of the rear spring. I know about the angle adjustment with the slide blocks on the rails, but I cannot seem to move the collars on the threaded shock body.
Question is...Was there a spanner wrench provided with this sled at one time...if so is there one recommended that works best for this application,.....Or should it be able to be done by hand.

If my understanding is correct this adjustment really only controls bottoming, and the previous owner was much heavier than myself, so I should adjust accordingly to my body weight.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The kit came with two spanners to adjust the shocks. It's very hard to adjust by hand.
If you want to know about the M-10 and the how to set it up, check out my web page. It's a long read but a must for anyone who has a M-10 suspension.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.net/PolarisRich/2

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already read it Rich.....Very good read, as a matter of fact I printed it off and refered to it to better understand the M-10 after I bought the sled. Excellent explanations, and easy to understand, Good work !!.

Is it poss. you could forward me a pic. of your spanner wrench used for the rear shock ? I see three different ones in Royals '07 catalogue and if I knew what the original looked like I could better decide which one to buy.

Thanks for the help..

BTW. I'm in Chatham...we're practically neighbours.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Here's the proper spanners that came with my sled.
[attachment=48630]

"BTW. I'm in Chatham...we're practically neighbours."
So do you know Jim Dale Jr and Randy Jackson, I used to race with Keith Cameron and Craig Bracken.
Craig got a Bush ride for next year, it's in the Windsor Star today.
Well got to run, hope the pictures help.
TTFN

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you serious ??. I know Jim Dale and Randy very well...been on Jims crew for about 8-9 Yrs. now .Helped with Randy as well for the past couple years (see my gallery). I Don't know Keith Cameron personally, But I know Deb & Charles Bush who own the dirt late model he drove.
Pics are great ...now I know what to get.

Thanks alot.

Keep in touch. Let me know when the poker run is this year, I can round up a bunch of sledders for that.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You got it Bud.
Hopefully the lake freezes up this year so we can have the Poker Run.
I'll keep you posted.
TTFN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.