Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this particular suspension does not to a great job of weight transfer upon take-off. I have asked my dealer to adjust it from it's facory setting to allow a little more transfer of weight to the rear. Will I be able to notice a difference from this adjustment? I've always found that the front end never really came up too much when I give her from a stopped position. The machine is an 03' Polaris 700. Any input would be greatly appreciated.[:)]

·
Registered
6 Posts
The M-10 should have plenty of transfer. As for the dealer, it depends how they adjust it. I would adjust it myself, loosen the two limitter straps and soften the rear spring. The more adjustment, the more lift.

N8

·
Registered
142 Posts
M-10

Let me just say this.
You would be better off using the adjustments on your chart provided.
The M-10 skid will give you the best possible ride on the snow, provided it is dialed in according to your weight. The front limiter strap should already be slightly on the loose side. If your sled is sitting on cement the front of the track should be contacting the ground while the rear of the track will be just slightly raised. This will give you the most travel and the best ride. The rear spring preload and crossover tube should also be set up according to your weight. Then you can adjust your FRA for your weight and riding style. This skid is never going to transfere like some other suspensions will. Was never meant to. It is not a drag racing suspension. Set it up right and you'll ride all day long and laugh at your buddies when they're ready to quit. Set it up wrong and you'll join 'em in line for Advil. Just out of curiosity... Why would you want the front to lift anyway? In my experience I have found it rather difficult to steer with your skis off the ground. JMO

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Sounds like your dealer is giving you the run around, ? did you get the suspension set-up video when you bought the sled????.....if so, like said above set it up yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts