Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about getting the m-10 suspention by fast for my sled and i was wondering if any of u have it or can tell me if its worth it or not or any info on it at that thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here's what I can tell you about the M-10, everyone that I know that has the M-10 like the Edge suspension, whoever has the Edge suspension likes the M-10 suspension. I think it matters a lot how you sit. I'm not sure if you can buy the Edge suspension for your sled but if you can you should try both of the suspensions on different sleds and see which you like the most. The M-10 also gives out the biggest roost I've seenIt was on a 2000 Polaris 800 LE (had studs) and the roost was huge! Anyway you should really try out the M-10 before you buy it.

Patrick

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks but the only sled iv seen with it was the 04 polaris xc edge is that the same suspention made by f.a.s.t.?? and if not then do u have any clue where i could tryone around rochester nh

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The M-10 is the best suspension out there.I Have a friend that has one on his T-Cat and the comfort is amazing. Also trying one out might not do it justice as it has to be tuned to your liking.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If it's the M-10 suspension (I'm not totally sure on this) but it should be the same suspension since companies usually copyright the names to their suspensions. I know dealers don't let you test drive sleds unless you're really good friends with the owner or something but the best I can think of is if one of your friends has a polaris with a M-10 or Edge suspension. Other than that I'm really not sure...

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
The M-10 suspension is built by an aftermarket company. True, you can get it stock on some machines, and I believe Polaris has some sort of affiliation with them, but you can buy them and install them on pretty much any machine.

I know I've heard of one guy who had an RX-1 and he thought it rode like a brick, so he put an M-10 on and how he really likes the machine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just dont want to spend 1400 then not like it but i like the idea of just being able to move it to my next sled when i sell the one i have i guess its something i have to try to find out i hate bumps i dont like to be dead and sore at the end of the day

·
Registered
109 Posts
My uncle has qa M-10 on his 02 xc and loves it he has had no problems wiht it the only thins is that you don't want to ride to close to him it does give a big roost

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i get a good discount at a local dealer its 10% above what the pay for it should i just go a head and do it or should i still wait and try some out first?

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
why does it give a bigger roost? ive heard that when jumping and stuff it kinda wants to buck u off er sumptin...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would just go out and get the M-10 now that I think more about it. It will definatly be a lot better than what you have now and probably well worth the money. I don't know why it has a big roost but it's huge, seriously about 25 ft doing 50 mph and when racing the roost has to be 50 feet. arctic-cat-guy, now that I think of it my friend who had an M-10 on his sled was never a big jumper but whenever he would attempt to compete, he would never get it right, almost dumped it quite a few times, I don't know if it was from lack of experience in jumping or the M-10 suspension.........

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Polaris600, if you do get one, a good idea would be to get one that has rebuildable/rechargeable shocks. I know the bottom of the line one doesn't.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own a M-10. They are not like any other suspension. They are the one and only M-10.
If you do a lot of trail riding they are the best. If you want to do alot of jumping and ditch hoping go with the EDGE. The M10 is very adjustable and rid great. As for the roost thing, I don't know where they come up with this. If anything the Edge chassis wood roost more. the M-10 when set up properly has a tebdency to squat of the line or out of the hole. Because it is directly coupled. This also helps keep the skies on the ground so you can come out of a corner and get on the gas sooner and still have steering control. If you like to impress everyone with big ski lift you won't like the M-10.
If you want the best riding trail machine you can get then the M-10 is it.
Also like ACEXLT said make sure you get the one with either the FOX Shocks or the rebuildable Ride FX. I have had my suspension for 34 years now and will probably have it until I by another M-10 so it is nice to be able to freshen it up each season. Then it's just like I had bought a new one every year. If you get one and you want your shocks rebuilt, let me know. I do that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an M-10 on my sled and I do love it. It works great on the trail. It does have some draw backs. One is that it makes the sled sit higher, and as a result a higher center of gravity. My other issue with it weight transfer. Under hard acceleration the suspension will squat. Not that this is a bad thing but I like to be able to lift the skis. Another area to consider is that the setup of an M-10 baised on rider weight. Yeah I know all suspension are set up on rider weight but the M-10 very sensitive. So if you ride a sled with the M-10 you will not experience the full effect unless it is set up to your weight. I have some friends that say the M-10 is for old fat guys with bad backs. They are wrong. The M-10 is good for everything. I have jumped my sled a ton and have ridden very hard though the bumps. It has performed very well. I do suggest setting on the stiff side for jumps. It is a great suspension I love mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts